Lower speed when LAN ports in M9 are used

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-19 09:51:37
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.8 20190403 Rel. 43515

Good morning, I have a very strange problem which also, to my opinion, is related to a previous thread of me.

I have four M9 deco's in use, one being the main deco connected to the ISP router of Ziggo which is in bridge modus.

One other deco is connected via a cable, other two are connected wireless. Speed of the two wireless deco's is around 120 on one and around 220 on the other (ISP speed is 250) which is fine. BUT if a connect a device via a LAN cable to one of those deco's the speed drops to 10 consistently. Device is a Sonos speaker on one and a TV on the other. How come? 

The behavior is the same on my main deco (previous thread) where speed drops regularly. On the LAN port of this deco besides the ISP uplink a LAN cable is connected to a switch that connects to the rest of the house and cabled devices (NAS via cable, other deco via cable, TV, Sonos etc.).

Please help because this is not why I bought the M9 system.

Regards, Gerben

Options
7 Reply
Re:Lower speed when LAN ports in M9 are used
2019-09-20 08:36:55

@Gerben 

Please draw a picture of the current network diagram. How do you connect these devices together? 

What is the model number of switch? With ISP router--main Deco--PC, please run a speed test and show us the results. 

In the meantime, please connect PC--slave Deco--main Deco--ISP router and test the wired speed you can get from the slave Deco directly. 

Please click here to check the wired negotiation speed; the steps are the same, but to click ethernet connection or local area connection. 

Besides, try to swap the locations of the Deco units and change another ethernet cable.

And please disable fast roaming and setup QoS as standard, clear all the high priority rules.

Good day. 

Options
2019-09-20 11:27:31

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin, thanks. Please find attached the drawing. Switch is TP Link, model TL SG108.

Unfortunately i have no PC with fixed ethernet connection at hand (only Macbook pro) to further test via wired connections. All is wireless.

Fast roaming has been disabled all time.

Regards, Gerben

File:
20190920_132321.jpgDownload
Options
2019-12-23 17:46:52

@Gerben 

Was this issue ever resolved?

Thank you.

Options
2019-12-24 01:38:19

@eightball51 

Hello, do you have the same issue? Please provide more information. 

The model number of your Deco, the detailed description of the current issue and the troubleshooting you have done. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-12-24 16:22:53

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

I have the Deco M9.  I have three units set up as below.

Fios Gigabit connection ONT----> Deco M9 #1----> Network Switch--(Ethernet)-->Deco M9 # 2 --(Ethernet)-->Vizio SmartTv

-----> (WiFi) --->Deco M9 #3

Speeds in to Deco #1 are around 800 mbps. Wifi connections to #1 show in the low to mid 300 mbps. Deco #3 gets in the mid 200's.

The # 2 Deco is furthest away from main and when connect to wifi I get around 130 down/ 70 up mbps.  I have an ethernet cat 6 cable running from the #1 deco to the room that the # 2 M9 is located. When I connect that to the #3 Deco my speeds appear throttled for for wifi and ethernet connection from unit # 3 at around 95 mbps. 

I have tried all QOS settings, including setting the bandwidth manually to 1024. I have tried several different ethernet connections out of the #3 unit as well. 

Please assist. Thank you 

Options
2019-12-24 17:32:28

@eightball51 

Hi. Unfortunately i never got further answers.

After the recent update my experience is that speed, stability and coverage have improved. 

Regards Gerben 

Options
2020-01-03 16:17:25

@Kevin_Z 

Hello,

Can you please advise further on this? It is beginning to effect streaming in that area of the home.

Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1150

Replies: 7