HS110 plug initial experiences and two observations.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-22 16:46:46 - last edited 2019-09-24 09:46:44
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.7

I've bought a HS110 smart plug to test, mainly for the energy monitoing function, along with a couple of smart plugs with energy monitoring from another manufacturer for comparison.

The HS110 was easy to get going with the Kasa app, but there are a couple of niggles which it took me a little while to figure out.

1) Even though I chose to Sync my location in the app, and the app showed my correct location and time zone, the "Device info" in the device settings showed the device time as January 2000. I found I needed to *manually* set my location and manually change and then set correctly my time zone. The Device time was then correct. The incorrect device time was having the effect of the energy usage counters all showing zero except for the current power usage.

2) On the Energy Usage screen in the app for the device, the numbers are all correct - but they dont change while you have that screen open. The current power never changes. I thought perhps it only changed once per minute or similar but no, the numbers are what was current when you show the Energy Usage screen. To show new values you need to go back one screen to the device screen and tap "Energy" again to show the new current values.

I'm hoping both of these are bugs which will be corrected, because they're pretty basic. I'm on Ver 1.5.7 which the app is saying is current.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 435

Replies: 0