RE205 Can't switch of extend functionality

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-26 12:26:06
Model: RE205  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1

Hi

I want to use the RE205 as a pure wifi to wireless ethernet device. So I try to switch off the extend wireless capabilities. But when I clear the check box for 2,4 GHz the 5GHz checkbox is greyed out. The same happen when I do the vice versa, clear the checkbox for 5GHz then the 2,4 GHz is greyed out. The 5GHz is extending which I have tried.

See picture:

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE205 Can't switch of extend functionality
2019-09-27 03:05:53

@Greberg 

For your information, the range extender is used to boost the wifi signal, so at least one wireless network should be enabled to do that. That is why the 5GHz turns greyed out once you disabled 2.4GHz, vice versa. 

There is no option to hide the wireless network name either; if you just want to use it as an ethernet device, you can just let it go, do not have to use the wireless network of the RE205.

Besides, we have some other devices which is used to provide ethernet connection only, like the powerline adpaters. 

May it help and have a good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 266

Replies: 1