Some issues about my M9 Plus and M5 setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-26 18:59:38

Hello. I was already 2x Deco M5 with ethernet backhaul in AP Mode. Yesterday I bought M9 Plus and I removed my M5 satellite. 

So my current setup is 1x M9 (main unit) and 1x M5 (sattelite).

I added it succesfully but some functions are disappeared and I have some issues.

For example;

1- When I set up M9 as a Main Unit, I can't see which device spends how much data. They all say 0kbps consistently. But when I a set up M5 as a Main Unit, no problem at all. I know it is not recommended but this encourages me to set the M5 as the main unit. 

2- I can't see which device is connected to which unit.

Also my Galaxy S8 Plus was receiving 866 mbps 5 cm away when using two M5 (Picture 2), but when I install the M9 Plus, it says 650Mbps. (Picture 3)

My firmwares:

Picture 2: 

Picture 3:

Options
2 Reply
Re:Some issues about my M9 Plus and M5 setup
2019-09-27 02:05:33 - last edited 2019-09-27 02:06:34

@GoldPunchTR 

Hello, the Deco M9 plus does not support the features you listed, like linked Deco, so you may miss some new features till other models release updates in the near future.

The new firmware for Deco M9 plus is on its way, you can wait for the firmware release.

As the speed issue, does it affect the actual speed you can get from the Deco?

With Deco M9 plus powered on only, with your smart phone connects to the TP-Link wifi, what is the wireless link speed; And you can run the speed test on the Deco app and compare it with the bandwidth you paid for your ISP.

When we have multiple Deco products, we choose the main Deco as the instruction attached below: Deco M9 Plus / Deco P7 > Deco M5>Deco M4R>Deco E4R

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2248/

May it help and have a good day. 

Options
Re:Some issues about my M9 Plus and M5 setup
2019-09-27 11:42:25 - last edited 2019-09-27 11:48:44

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for the answer, I will try it.

One more question:

I am using M9 with ethernet backhaul. Therefore, dedicated antenna not work at all? If so, there is no difference between m5 and m9 at all when using ethernet backhaul?? Can I use it for boost wireless speed?

Options