Archer C9 Help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C9 Help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C9 Help
Archer C9 Help
2019-09-28 22:24:12
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 160315

I have two computers and a phone using this router and have rock solid connections

But for some reason when guests try to connect with there phone or pc it is random

if it sees the router and will randomly drop out if they get connected. I have tried

a factory reset and tried enabeling guest wifi, but still have this problem....

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C9 Help
2019-09-29 02:40:50

@rayatt 

Hello, we can do some troubleshooting to locate the issue first. 

What is the model number of the guests' devices? And their OS version. 

When they lost connection, are they still connected to the guest network but no internet or they disconnect from wifi totally? 

Please click here to check the IP and gateway at that time and show us a screenshot. 

Is there any customized wireless settings for guest network? Do they have the same issue with they connected to the host network? 

Good day. 

Options
2019-09-29 03:21:40

@Kevin_Z    Hi thanks for your reply I have two mates with recent updated Mobile phones I cant

tell you the what models they are but i have this problem using my host and guest

network I enabled the guest network with no security to see if that would fix it

but no go. There phones just keep searching for a wifi network. also tried a mates windows 10

PC, it discovers the router but its unstable .I have a windows 8.1 and windows 10 PC

and a Iphone 6 all work perfectly...

Options
2019-09-30 07:53:09

@rayatt 

Thanks for your reply.

First, try to change some wireless settings, include the wireless channel and channel width. For 2.4GHz, try channel 1, 6 and 11, channel width as 20MHz; for 5GHz, use channel 36. 40 and 44, channel width as 40MHz.

Ensure that the firmware is up to date and try to assign a static IP for these devices. 

May it help and have a good day. 

Options
2019-09-30 20:32:51

@Kevin_Z   Hi kevin thanks for your info. I changed the wifi settings from Auto to  2.4ghz 20Mhz channel 6

5ghz 40Mhz channel 40 and problem Solved all is working now.

Thanks again for your help Regards Ray....        

Options