DECO M9 Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DECO M9 Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DECO M9 Issues
DECO M9 Issues
2019-09-29 09:03:24 - last edited 2019-09-30 22:03:26
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.8

Hi all,

I have a mesh network with two Deco M9 plus. I also have a M5 with Ethernet backhaul connect to the first two.

I have this setup for about 1 year and in the beggining it was very stable. I had no problems at all.

However, every firmware update you made seems to have ruined the WiFi stability! Many times I look at my iPhone and it's connected through 4G. And if then I try to connect to my home network, it says the password is wrong! How is this possible!?

I also have a windows laptop that many times don't connect to the network. It doesn't give any error, simply doesn't connect.

The solution for both problems is to reboot the main DECO M9.

Also, my DECO M5 has a more advanced firmware than my DECO M9's for months. Many people seems to be mad about this... In my case I just hope that you fix all the issues I have with my M9 units in the next firmware update, otherwise I will have to get rid of these devices.

PS: I live in a rural place with no other WIFI networks around me. So there's no interference that can justify this instability.

Regards,

Américo

Options
3 Reply
Re:DECO M9 Issues
2019-10-10 00:48:51

@americo.dias 

Hello, we will do some troubleshooting to locate this issue and try to fix it. 

Please tell us the current network diagram, how do you connect these devices together? 

Regarding to the wireless connection issue, first, try to forget the network and reconnect to the Deco's network. Instruction as below: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/918/  

Note: Here we take Windows 10 as example. 

Still the same, please disable fast roaming on the Deco app and set QoS as standard, remove all the high priority rules to give it a go. 

For the firmware of Deco M9 plus, our engineers are working on it and doing the test now and it will be coming soon; While I do understand your feeling to get the latest firmware as soon as possible, so we offer a beta firmware as below.

http://support.tp-link.com/f/3e6d070efd/?dl=1

You can update it first to get the new features, once the official one released, you can install it again.

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-06-14 21:41:43

I just bought M9 Plus and facing the same issue. Can anyone help? I tried resetting SSID multiple times, updated password to avoid any special characters, Removed and added new SSID but nothing is helping. On reading many threads it seems Firmware issue? Any update on how I can resolve this?

I tried with online agent but he had no idea of how to resolve it or look for firmware issue. He just asked me to make my other Deco unit as Main and stated it will solve the problem. Guess what it did not as it seems some issue with Firmware!!!

Options
2020-08-12 13:39:38

I am having to reboot router as well. Thinking of returing this router and trying Google.

Other main issue I have is not being able to set channel. We use Sonos and are told since Router won't let set channel it could be causing Sonos to fail (stop mid music).

I like the idea...but if it does not work (they can't fix issues) I will spend my hard earned money elsewhere.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4161

Replies: 3

Related Articles