Archer T2UH AC600 - Very slow on desktop but works fine on laptop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-29 12:56:28
Model: Archer T2UH  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 180522-Win

Hi All,

I have been using the TP-Link T2UH on my desktop for a year without any issues. Last week I noticed a significant decrease in terms of Wifi speed, going from 400Mpbs+ to only 85Mpbs and below. I have tried to restart the computer, repair the drivers, reinstall the drivers, try the 2017 old drivers, installed the MediaTek drivers and much more, but without any success. PC is running Windows 10 with the latest updates and my Internet speed is 100mb/20mb download and upload.

I also tried the adapter on my laptop and it works flawlessly so I have a suspicion that my desktop was updated/installed a program that potentially affects the speed? Could that be the case?

Have anybody else experieced a smilar thing, where it just stopped working properly from one day to the other?

My very last option would be a total reinstallation of my entire computer, which I will do if I really must have to.

Thank you in advance

Best regards,

RestyPad

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer T2UH AC600 - Very slow on desktop but works fine on laptop
2019-09-30 03:51:51

@RestyPad 

As you mentioned, the internet speed is 100Mbps/20Mbps, what about the speed you get from the desktop (400Mbps and 80Mbps)? Are they the actual speed you can get from the desktop or the wireless link speed which you saw on the status page? You can click here to check the wireless link speed. 

If it is the actual wireless speed, compared with the internet speed you paid, it is normal; the actual speed won't be highern than the internet speed, and combined with the interference, it will be lower instead. 

What is the speed you can get from your laptop? 

What is the current OS version of the Windows 10? Do you connect the desktop to the 2.4GHz or the 5GHz of the main router? 

Good day. 

Options
2019-09-30 05:27:42

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

My desktop OS version is 1903, build is, 18362.356. I usually use my 5Ghz connection but have also unsuccesfully tried 2.4Ghz connection.

The speed i mentioned are my actual speed, however it used it be way higher. I had download speeds of 60-70 mb/s but now it's down to 3-10mb/s downloads, which is not normal.

Interference shouldn't be a problem since the router is only a few feet away, and I have tried to plug the adapter directly into the computer and using the extension cable as well, same results.

On my surface laptop the wireless speed is rated at 844Mpbs and I also tested the same TP-link adapter on it, functionally working without any issues.

Which is again suspect a sudden update or something "broke" my desktop's wireless functionalities, because it happened over a very short period of time.

Options
2019-10-03 18:18:13
Anybody else who can help me find a solution?
Options
2019-10-16 18:27:20
Has nobody run into this problem at all? or am I the only one with this product?
Options
2019-10-18 06:58:15

@RestyPad 

Thanks for your reply. From the start, may I know who is your ISP and what is the bandwidth you paid?

As you mentioned, the adapter works flawlessly with your laptop, what is the operating system and OS version of it? Try to use the desktop with the same OS version and give it a go.

Meanwhile, with Archer T2UH plugged into the laptop, what is the wireless speed you can get from the main router? 

When the speed slows down to 2-3Mbps on your desktop, does the wireless negotiation speed normal? 

What is the model number of your desktop and what is the version of driver you installed on the desktop?

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1745

Replies: 5