Router connection inconsistent

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-29 13:19:41
Model: TL-WR845N  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 3.16 v0001.0 Build 180319 Rel.67391n

I'm a new TP Link user. I used to use a router made by Tenda before. After setting up today I relaized that I was getting a weaker connection and range than my previous router, which was quite old. At times my phone even showed that there was a normal quality connection instead of a good quality one in my room where I set uo the router. Upon moving 15ft away from the router the speed seemed to drastically drop. How do I get a consistent connection?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Router connection inconsistent
2019-09-29 15:59:46
The old router may be using a different WIFI channel and you are having some type of interference on the new routers selected channel. Go in your settings and select a different channel. Also small changes in location, direction the router faces, and the pointing of the antennas make a difference. Generally, the 2.4 gives you better range and the 5 gives you faster speeds.
Options
Re:Router connection inconsistent
2019-09-30 02:28:26

@Sazid 

What about the connection stablity of the TL-WR845N now? 

To get more stable internet, you can customize the wireless settings, like wireless channel or channel width. 

Besides, you can adjust the location of the router and the position of the antenna, put it on an open area. 

If possible, you can use some network expansion devices to boost the wifi signal further, like range extender or powerline adpater.

Good day. 

Options