RE300 Virgin dual band router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-29 15:19:22
Model: RE300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest

Hi, 

I recently got the RE300 to extend my wifi to an upstairs bedroom and we currently have a Virgin Media dual band router. 

I can't seem to get the RE300 to connect to both wifi channels. The 2.4 is connected but the 5gz won't? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I've tried the theader app, the website and the wps button setup to no avail. 

Thank you, 

James 

Options
3 Reply
Re:RE300 Virgin dual band router
2019-09-30 02:57:52

@James2kanaoi 

Hello, when you setup the RE300 via the web UI or the Tether app, can it detect the 5GHz of the main router? 

Please ensure the password is correct; It is the same as the main router's 5GHz wifi network password. 

Besides, ensure that the firmware of the RE300 is up to date, try to change the wireless channel of the main router to give it a shot. 

May it help and have a good day. 

Options
2019-09-30 07:17:48

Hi @Kevin_Z

I'll give it a shot tonight and report back. 

Thanks a million for the response. 

Cheers, 

James 

Kevin_Z wrote

@James2kanaoi 

Hello, when you setup the RE300 via the web UI or the Tether app, can it detect the 5GHz of the main router? 

Please ensure the password is correct; It is the same as the main router's 5GHz wifi network password. 

Besides, ensure that the firmware of the RE300 is up to date, try to change the wireless channel of the main router to give it a shot. 

Kevin_Z wrote

@James2kanaoi 

Options
2019-10-11 03:41:06

@James2kanaoi 

Definitely sure, any updates now? 

Have you sorted it out? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 611

Replies: 3