How to remove registered clients from clients list

How to remove registered clients from clients list

92 Reply
Re:How to remove registered clients from clients list
2021-03-31 09:13:42

@DynamicProtocol 

Hi, what is the model of your TP-Link device?

Do you also need to set the Parental Control setting when a device is offline, and it is displayed maybe on the 3rd or 4th page? As I can understand, all the online devices should display on the first page or two, you can then find it easily. 

As confirmed with engineers, this optimization or change is not that easily to be accomplished, so we cannot guarantee this will be "fixed" in the future firmware.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-05-03 01:45:58
How can clearing a device cache not be an easy fix to implement? I think its more of TP-Link never bothering updating its firmware in the first place. My AC4000 v3 hasn't had a firmware update since 2019. Still no cache clearing. Still no Open VPN client for outgoing connections. No security updates, etc.
Options
2021-05-16 23:24:21

@Whammamoosha 

I'm suffering from the same issue myself.  There's got to be a easy to implement solution to clear the cache or get rid of old devices...  I've got an Archer a10 and would have thought that would be commond place given the number of IoT devices these days...

Options
2021-06-02 12:34:33

+1 having the same issue here. @TPLink, I see this request is old and it's a shame that it's taking you so long to implement what is likely a very simple feature.  

Options
2021-06-05 02:08:23

I am having same problem with tether. Router is c2300. I have eighteen (18) pages (I'm not kidding) of clients mostly obsolete that I must page through to find the few devices that I want to have on the profile. It's has been years and still no practical solution.

Options
2021-06-05 03:43:13

@Disgruntled2 At this point I would simply advise you to just reflash the router with OpenWRT. Google it, do it, no more pr

Options
2021-06-16 14:32:46

I have the same problem with Archer C6. TP-Link please help us with a solution, even if with an external utility! please...

Options
2021-06-16 19:06:03 - last edited 2021-06-16 19:14:34

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin_Z wrote

@DynamicProtocol 

Hi, what is the model of your TP-Link device?

Do you also need to set the Parental Control setting when a device is offline, and it is displayed maybe on the 3rd or 4th page? As I can understand, all the online devices should display on the first page or two, you can then find it easily. 

As confirmed with engineers, this optimization or change is not that easily to be accomplished, so we cannot guarantee this will be "fixed" in the future firmware.

"(…) not easily [sic] to be accomplished (…)"

Big-time BS. If I had the source code for my device I'd have it implemented in a few hours, someone with previous experience with the same source code could do it in minutes. Simplest solution is to create a button named "flush device cache" to wipe the connected device repository. Allowing for the removal of individual devices would take some more time, but NEVER several months.

I'm the (unfortunate) customer who created this post. It's been almost TWO YEARS since I firstly reported this.

SHAME.

Options
2021-06-17 12:38:30

It's an Archer C6 I've just bought a few weeks. It's confusing till find devices on too many pages... but in my case, would be helpful to have a way to enable/disable the profile.

Options
2021-07-01 00:15:56

@Whammamoosha It's doubtful you'll get this fixed, whilst many Shenzhen based companies are awesome at building hardware, there is little thought about investment in software or usability from my experience (I worked with various pc consumer companies in China in the IT business for 10 years). The good news is that this is changing fast as Chinese consumers are getting as demanding as Americans and Europeans, but I doubt you'll see your issue solved as this team will be 100% focussed on the next product they can $ell. 

My advice is to 'factory reset' every now and then - whilst a pain it should clear all historic data. 

Options
Related Articles