Seen notification that new device "Shenzhen Bilian electronic" has connected to network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Seen notification that new device "Shenzhen Bilian electronic" has connected to network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-04 12:50:12
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

I got a notification on my phone that a new device "Shenzhen Bilian electronic" has connected to my Deco network, note not tried and failed but connected.  This was shortly after an upgrade to my Broadband and deploying new firmware to Deco's.  

After the notification I could find no mention of any such device - either active or inactive.  

The only new device is my new Plusnet router (VDSL) - seems unlikely that this would connect, and anyway the Mesh network has a different password.  

Anyone know what this might be?

M

Options
10 Reply
Re:Seen notification that new device "Shenzhen Bilian electronic" has connected to network
2019-10-15 08:03:24

@OldWartHog 

From the notification message, this Shenzhen Bilian electronic should have connected to the Deco network. 

Generally speaking, the host network is encrypted, and all WLAN devices need wifi password to join the Deco network;

You can verify what this device is via its MAC address; if it is an unknown unit, you can add it into blacklist  to block internet. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Seen notification that new device "Shenzhen Bilian electronic" has connected to network
2019-10-15 12:01:18

@Kevin_Z  But the interesting thing is that my Deco does not show it, not networked and not offline.  The only thing I saw was the notification on my phone, and that said 'connected' - nothing else and yes my network is secured, not connection without password.  My only thought is that it's some aspect of the Deco internals, otherwise it should display it, it seems to remember visitors phones for ever.

Options
2019-10-16 08:10:24

@OldWartHog 

Thanks for your reply. Could you please send a screenshot of the notification to us? 

Theoretically, the notification pops up once there is a device connected, but you mentioned that there is no online device/offline devices showing up. 

You can delete all the offline devices from Deco app  and disconnect the online devices; after that, please add them one by one and verify whether you will get the same notification. 

And I tried to search online, Shenzhen Bilian Electronic is a company based in main land of China, they produce electronic devices, you can tell us the current network diagram and their model number.

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-12 23:43:21

@OldWartHog The Shenzhen Bilian electronic devices  on mny network are IP Cameras I got on ebay about five years ago.

Options
2020-01-13 00:56:07

@OldWartHog It could be that it is one of your current connected devices and somehow the name it sends back got changed? 

Some aspects of the notifications in the app are very unreliable (after  upgrading to 1.4.0 on my M5 I get messages the entire day stating that new devices got found which already were connected before...).
Also I noticed that some wired devices got assigned multiple times in the app (the dock for my Nintendo Switch has already been detected as UNKNOWN 3 times while nothing has changed).

Options
2020-03-26 09:51:18

@OldWartHog

Hello, I recently installed 2 deco m4 and this morning I received a notification from a new connected device called "SHENZEN BILIAN". It is currently offline, but I don't understand how it managed to connect to my network. Thank you
Options
2020-03-26 12:47:27
Bush internet radios show as this when connected.
Options
2020-12-07 22:16:52

@OldWartHog

It's either a genbolt wifi camera or a shark robot vacuum cleaner.

On the wifi cam It could be a different brand name also.

Options
2021-03-31 00:06:36

@OldWartHog for me this message was received about a week after I installed a Feit Electric Floodlight Security Camera. The delay between installation and connection surprised me but apparently it waits until the 128GB onboard card is filled and then connects.

Options
2021-05-01 15:54:21

I'm seeing similar weird issue on my network. SHENZHEN ALONG INVESTMENT joined my WiFi. It shows up in my notifications. It does not show up in the list of Online or Offline Devices. It's nowhere in the client list. I do see it as an option for adding to the Block List. Why is this device not showing up in the client list? What is it? See screenshots below.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 56632

Replies: 10