C5400 not giving Gigabit Speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-07 01:09:03
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.2

I've been trying to fix it for 2 months to no avail. I can not get Gigabit on hardwired connection. I have gotten Wifi up to ~700Mb which is more than enough.

I know the modem is passing through gigabit. I have tried balancing out the QOS, I have tried enabling NAT Boost (Which 'should' disable QOS) but still the issue is showing.

When I run a Speedtest it will either start at 100, and build up to ~400 then 'finish'. Or it will start at 500 and drop until it reaches 200 then 'finish'.

Is there anything else I can try, or disable? I have reached out to support but I received a person who genuinely didn't want to help and just offered to RMA it - I never received an RMA notice or the new router.

Options
2 Reply
Re:C5400 not giving Gigabit Speeds
2019-10-07 12:04:53
Try replacing the Ethernet cables with new quality ones. Also, if you can, try a different PC for testing to see if you get the same results as your computer hardware/driver may be the issue. If bypassing the router by connecting the PC to the modem gets you the speed you are paying for, then do the RMA.
Options
Re:C5400 not giving Gigabit Speeds
2019-10-08 07:05:46

@DN-GA-TDT 

Hello, so you cannot get gigabit wired connection from the Archer C5400, but the wifi speed can up to around 700Mbps.

Please click here to check the wired negotiation speed when you connect to the C5400 directly. 

Try to change another ethernet cable with better quality, like cat5e or above. 

Besides, try to connect the computer to the modem directly to run a speed test. 

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1761

Replies: 2

Related Articles