Using Deco E4 with two ISPs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-08 11:12:51
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Is it possible to use multiple E4 routers with different ISPs, but so they still create a single mesh wifi?

Say, I have two Ethernet cables from two different ISPs in my home. So can I have one ISP plugged into one E4, and another into another E4, but so these two E4s create a single WiFi network with seamless roaming?

Thank you

Options
4 Reply
Re:Using Deco E4 with two ISPs
2019-10-09 01:50:25

@Kitjarik 

For your information, there will be one main router existed in a mesh wifi network; You can connect two ethernet cables from two different ISPs to the two Deco E4, while they willl build a network isolated from each other. In other word, there will be two mesh wifi networks. 

May it help and have a good day. 

Options
2021-07-06 04:47:25

@Kevin_Z 

Hello Kevin, 

If i plug in 2 isp into one Deco unit, can it be just one mesh wifi network?

Options
2021-07-06 07:21:29

@Kenneth.C 

Hi

Your Deco Unit will only be able to configure one ISP only. In order to run 2 ISP's in the same mesh network you will have to buy a load balancer first, configure both ISP's there and then plug it into the Deco and configure them to create a single mesh network

Options
2021-07-07 04:09:20
Thank you for the information.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3748

Replies: 4