Blinking

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Blinking

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Blinking
Blinking
2019-10-09 11:16:52 - last edited 2019-10-25 11:31:25
Model: TL-WPA4220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm a non tecchie, pls don't reply in jargon! The extender I fitted in the bedroom is blinking. (I can't see it properly because it's behind furniture, that's just where the socket is). I can't see which light is blinking but one of them is. Is this ok or is something not right? The wifi doesn't seem much better than it was before, I have a laptop plugged into it. How do you tell if it's doing anything? Thanks

(Btw, perhaps I'm too old or just thick but I find most of TPL's literature obscure to the point of incomprehensibility. eg I just had to register to get here and it asked me for my TP Link ID! What the devil is that? It meant to ask me to invent my ID, so why ask for TP Link's ID?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Blinking-Solution
2019-10-10 10:20:09 - last edited 2019-10-25 11:31:25

Hello, it is normal no matter it is flashing or solid on. To make the powerline adapters work, we only need ensure that the house led on the 2 adapters come on. That means they build up the connection successfully. 

And the for the wireless performance, you can change another outlet to plug it if possible.

Besides, you can use the utility to customize the wireless settings to optimize the wireless performance, like wireless channel and channel width. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1611/

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Blinking-Solution
2019-10-10 10:20:09 - last edited 2019-10-25 11:31:25

Hello, it is normal no matter it is flashing or solid on. To make the powerline adapters work, we only need ensure that the house led on the 2 adapters come on. That means they build up the connection successfully. 

And the for the wireless performance, you can change another outlet to plug it if possible.

Besides, you can use the utility to customize the wireless settings to optimize the wireless performance, like wireless channel and channel width. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1611/

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 151

Replies: 1

Related Articles