Wired internet speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wired internet speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wired internet speed
Wired internet speed
2019-10-11 15:54:00
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20190726 rel.57101

Hello.

I have ISP modem/router. I bought Archer c7 router and connect it. The internet speed is lower than if i use direct connection to isp modem/router. 

If i connect directly to ISP modem i get around 250/10 mpbs. When i put router in the middle and use wired connection from arcer to my pc i get around 100/8mbps.

What can i do to get the same speed ?

Best regards

Options
3 Reply
Re:Wired internet speed
2019-10-12 03:09:53

@Jure 

Hello, what is the current network diagram? 

With computer connected to the Archer C7, please login to the web UI and go to basic-network map page by clicking the router icon to verify the WAN port negotiation speed.

In the meantime, please click here to verify the wired negotiation speed. 

Note: Please click on ethernet connection, not wireless. 

Besides, try to change another ethernet cable with better quality to connect the modem and router, like cat5e or above. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-10-12 07:18:55 - last edited 2019-10-12 07:20:19

Hello,

I have tried all of that. Here are the screenshots for some information. I dont know what to do :(

Computer is connected in Lan1. In lan2 i have TV box. 

Btw is there a way to change lan 2 speed ?

Options
2019-10-14 06:28:08

@Jure 

With computer connected to the LAN 1 port, what is the actual wired speed you can get from Archer C7? 

Have you enabled QoS on the web UI? If so, try to disable it and then run the speed test again.

For the negotiation speed of LAN 2 port, try to change another ethernet cable, like cat5e or above.

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options