Problems with "RemoteAccess"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-12 20:19:51
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: latest

Hi friends,

i have bought the deco p7.

I used them for Wlan
My fritzbox is the 7360

Everything works really good an fast.
i have only one problem.

Since the Decos are in use, i am not able anymore to remote access any other computer.

The root is clear, but i do not know how to solve it.

Lan IP (FritzBox): 192.167.172.xxx

Wlan (Deco): 192.167.64.xxx

Can please somebody help my
Thanks a lot
Regards

Options
6 Reply
Re:Problems with "RemoteAccess"
2019-10-14 02:56:09

@Vauxdvihl 

What is the current network diagram? How do you connect these devices together? 

What is the current operation mode of Deco P7? Is it router mode or AP mode? 

From the IP/Subnet you provided, they are in different subnets, theoretically, devices connected to them won't be able to access each other. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-10-14 18:38:46

@Kevin_Z 
I have switched off my wlan from my fritz box.
So they act like wlan routers

Means,
from LAN Port of my fritz box i have connected the "main" deco p7.
Deco p7 make the Wlan (i have 3, for every level in my house one)

It works fantastic, i have really good network in my house.

But i am not able to remotly access the Wlan devices

Thanks

Options
2019-10-15 06:18:49

@Vauxdvihl 

So do you connect them like Fritz box (wifi off)---Deco P7--wireless devices? And you cannot access the WLAN devices remotely? 

What is the operation mode of the Deco P7? Router mode or access point mode? 

As I mentioned on my last reply, the LAN IP of the Fritz box and P7 are not in the same subnet, if you want to access the clients remotely, try to open a port for it on the Deco P7 and to build up the tunnel, you need open the port for P7 on the Fritz box which has the public internet IP address. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-10-15 07:51:18

@Kevin_Z 

Yes this is my problem
They have not the same submask

Can you please share tutorials how to create such a port and tunnel stuff.

I have never done this before

Thanks a lot

Regards

Options
2019-10-16 08:03:55

@Vauxdvihl 

Below is the instruction to enable port forwarding feature on the Deco P7. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1797/ 

Then you need open the port for the Deco P7 on the Fritz box so that you can build up a tunnel for the server which you can access it remotely.

For the instruction to open port on the main router, you can give a call to their tech support. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-11-24 20:00:57

@Kevin_Z 
I did it for one wlan device

In fritz box i have choosen the "deco-p7" as port forwarding.

So in the RemoteApp i choose the IP from the "Deco-p7" and i receive one wlan device

But how do i receive all the other Wlan devices

I have only one IP (this one from the deco-p7)

Deco-P7

192.165.150.53 (Main FritzBox Net)

Deco-P7 makes is own Wlan net

- and so on

But in the WindowsRemoteApp i can only insert the IP from the Main Fritz Box Net

How do i reach all the other devices
Thanks a lot for teaching a newbie ;-)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 850

Replies: 6

Related Articles