Deco M9 PLUS QUESTION

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 PLUS QUESTION

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M9 PLUS QUESTION
Deco M9 PLUS QUESTION
2019-10-13 21:01:03 - last edited 2020-01-11 11:35:18
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi There, 

I'll buy this sistem to my home. I have my home all wired and ready for this, so this system will be used with ethernet cables, I saw that DECO M9 PLUS allows to do that.

My main concern about this is, If this works if one wireless module is connected to my ISP and not to the Deco main module. For example, I have my ISP, and one LAN will be connected directly to one deco wireless module ( not the main one ). So it will be something like this :

ISP - Main Module - Module 1

ISP - Module 2

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M9 PLUS QUESTION-Solution
2019-10-14 02:24:18 - last edited 2020-01-11 11:35:18

@foxeslink 

Does module means Deco M9 plus? If I get your point correctly, you want to connect them like below, is that right? 

ISP router ---ethernet cable-- main Deco M9 plus--ethernet cable/wireless--slave Deco A

ISP router-- ethernet cable --slave Deco B

If so, it is suggested to configure Deco as access point mode, then you can connect them like what mentioned above. 

While to use Deco M9 plus as a main router, to build up a mesh network, it is suggested to connect the slave Deco B to the main Deco or the slave Deco A. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M9 PLUS QUESTION-Solution
2019-10-14 02:24:18 - last edited 2020-01-11 11:35:18

@foxeslink 

Does module means Deco M9 plus? If I get your point correctly, you want to connect them like below, is that right? 

ISP router ---ethernet cable-- main Deco M9 plus--ethernet cable/wireless--slave Deco A

ISP router-- ethernet cable --slave Deco B

If so, it is suggested to configure Deco as access point mode, then you can connect them like what mentioned above. 

While to use Deco M9 plus as a main router, to build up a mesh network, it is suggested to connect the slave Deco B to the main Deco or the slave Deco A. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco M9 PLUS QUESTION
2019-10-14 08:10:15

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your answer.

in other way, it is possible to do this like in this image ?

Deco 3 could "catch" wifi from de Deco 1.

Options
Re:Deco M9 PLUS QUESTION
2019-10-15 06:57:22

@foxeslink 

Hello, thanks for your reply.

You are able to locate them like what you mentioned. 

The Deco can connect to each other by wired cable or wireless, only make the main Deco connect to the internet source/modem by wired cable. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 893

Replies: 3

Related Articles