Deco m5 setup, when choosing newly created wifi Deco light turns red in seconds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-14 08:41:37 - last edited 2019-10-14 17:22:24
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I just brought the Deco m5 and spent hours trying to set this up, I was on track I thought and was up to the bit where you created your own network to connect via bluetooth but stopped there as I had to do something else. I came back and tried to carry on but got stuck in an endless loop and I will be looking to return this product.

However before I do this I thought I would ask and see if anyone knows how to fix the issue, so the issue is when the app tells me to select the newly created network I have created in the app the blue light goes red within a few seconds of me switching over to my bluetooth menu, I tried restarts (mobiles, router, deco's), tried the other deco decvice and tried both apple and android phones - no luck.

I can see the newly created network in my blue tooth menu and It allows me to connect on my device but the app then says there is an issue and of course the red light on the deco is the problem.

Any idea's?  

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco m5 setup, when choosing newly created wifi Deco light turns red in seconds
2019-10-15 01:21:27

@Damienm5 

Thanks for your requesting, we will try our best to help you. 

Red led means that there is no internet access from Deco. 

Please ensure that you can get internet with computer connected to the modem directly. 

Then please hard reset the Deco by holding the reset hole for 1s with it powered on, and reconfigure it with the username and password given by ISP.

After that, please verify whether the led of Deco becomes green and whether you can surf the internet. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Deco m5 setup, when choosing newly created wifi Deco light turns red in seconds
2019-11-24 23:42:45

@Damienm5 

I am having this exact issue. My units were working fine until I tried to move them (since I wanted to move my cable modem to a different room). The only change I can think of while setting them up again was I selected that smart wifi option (can't recall the name) which it said was only supported by certain devices. Other than that, no changes and to this day I cannot get them working again. 

Been about 1 month.

Options
2019-11-26 06:27:07

@audiophileaj 

What is the current network diagram? How do you connect them together? 

With computer connected to the main Deco by wired cable directly, can you get internet? And please click here to get the IP address and gateway. 

Try to power cycle the whole network system, including the Deco units and the main modem. 

Still the same, try to swap the location of the Deco nodes or change the slave Deco to the main Deco to give it a shot. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

Otherwise, you can hardreset it and reconfigure it. 

May it help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 7380

Replies: 3