deco and old powerline?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

deco and old powerline?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
deco and old powerline?
deco and old powerline?
2019-10-15 20:38:32 - last edited 2019-10-15 21:40:51
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi. Planing to buy deco E4. Since i have no ethernet cables runing through my house i was thinking of using old tplink powerline adapters as backhaul.

ISP Modem --- Powerline --- Deco E4 ---- Powerline ---- Deco E4.

Only Deco E4 wifi will be used. Powerline as backhaul.

Will it be possible. Thank you. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:deco and old powerline?
2019-10-16 01:34:16

@marla2394 

Hello, the Deco E4 supports ethernet backhaul and wireless backhaul, in other word, the Deco units can connect to each other via wired cable or wireless. 

The powerline backhaul is different from the powerline adapters, we do able to use the powerline adapters to boost the signal. 

If the ISP modem is a pure modem, it is suggested  to connect the Deco E4 to the modem directly and configure it as a main router, then you can connect the old powerline adapters and the slave Deco to it to build up the network. 

Or if the ISP modem is a modem router and you have located them like the layout attached, it is suggested to configure Deco E4 in access point mode.

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1007

Replies: 1

Related Articles