Deco in general

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco in general

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco in general
Deco in general
2019-10-16 00:49:57

I am doing some research in whole home wifi and since I am leaning towards the Deco system, I am wonder why do they not come with more then two ports?

We have Voice Over Ip phone which means we have a convertor like box connected to the router, so that one port there if I need something else connected I have about 6 more ports I can use.  The Deco (and many other so it seems) have the one port to connect to the cable box (converting the cable to the RJ plug) the internet comming into the house and the other to, going from my reseach, to Backhaul to anther node  or direct connect to the other node, can this port be used to connect my VOIP home phones???

is there another device aviable to gain more ports, could I connect more old router (currently in use) to gain some extra ports without screwing around to much to get it to work??

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco in general
2019-10-16 01:47:11

@Huggy 

Hello,as you know, there are 2 ethernet ports on each Deco, except the main Deco need connect to the modem/internet source by wired cable, otherscan connect  to each other by wired cable or wireless. 

For the ethernet ports, you can connect wired device to it to get internet; so if there is no any special settings need to be done to make the VOIP phone work, it shoudl be plug and play. 

To get more ethernet ports, you can add a switch or the old router. You can configure the old router as an access point to provide more ethernet ports and avoid the double NAT. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 329

Replies: 1

Related Articles