Archer C58HP randomly change to RE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-16 04:45:14 - last edited 2019-10-16 04:51:07

Model: Archer C58HP

Hardware Version: V1

Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20180717 Rel 74530(UN)

Hi! how are you?

I am having a issue from several months.

First of all, the router is connected to a Cisco DPC3825 (Repeater)

Everything works correctly until, randomly, my router reboots.

When my router finishes restarting:

- RE light BLINKING

- WAN light OFF

- LAN light ON

- Wireless lights ON

When this happens, it forces me to do a factory reset, then it starts normally and i can restore my router backup.

I think i cant access router when this issue happen, so i cant see the log history.

Unfortunately, hazard perception test nsw it always happens to me when I am in a hurry or doing something that forces me to resolve the error quickly and not be able to stop looking for the cause.

The next time it happens I will try to access the router again to try to see the log.

Anyway, did this happen to someone? Is it a known error? Can it be something particular about the configuration?

Sorry is my english is not good, i speak spanish.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C58HP randomly change to RE
2019-10-16 06:43:54

@Chaplin 

Hello, thanks for your requesting. We do not receive such feedback yet, but we will do some troubleshooting to locate this issue and try to fix it. 

First, what is the current network diagram? How do you connect these devices together? 

Have you pressed the RE button which is located on the top panel of the router. Press and hold it for about 3 seconds will change to the Range Extender mode.

After it switches to RE mode, try to access the web UI and go to settings-system tools-system log and save it, export it to us.

Besides, to separate the influence of the configuration file, you can hard reset it and then try to configure it manually, do not store the config file and take some time to test the performance. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-11-16 08:32:11

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin_Z wrote

@Chaplin 

Hello, thanks for your requesting. We do not receive such feedback yet, but we will do some troubleshooting to locate this issue and try to fix it. 

First, what is the current network diagram? How do you connect these devices together? 

Have you pressed the RE button which is located on the top panel of the router. Press and hold it for about 3 seconds will change to the Range Extender mode.

After it switches to RE mode, try to access the web UI and go to settings-system tools-system log and save it, export it to us.

Besides, to separate the influence of the configuration file, you can hard reset it and then try to configure it manually, do not store the config file and take some time to test the performance. 

Good day. 

Hi

I also have some issue with my recently purchased C58HP. Normally it is configured to router mode but some times when I could not access internet, I found that LED for RE is blinking. I gone to router page and found that mode is changed to Repeater. This happened 4 times. 

Pls suggest what is the reason.

Options
2020-08-17 01:32:09

@Chaplin Same thing happens to me. any solutions?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1021

Replies: 3

Related Articles