Archer C9 V1 - default login and password after reset and how to use as repeater

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C9 V1 - default login and password after reset and how to use as repeater

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-16 14:12:23 - last edited 2019-10-17 09:36:29
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: c9v1_un-up-ver4-1-0-P31[20160517-rel35411]

Today I upgraded the firmware of my Archer C9 V1 to latest known version (20160517).

Even after a hard reset I cannot come into the setup.

Default login / password admin does not work.

What is it currently..

Second question.

I want to use it for a relative as a repeater in between a weak Wi-fi signal and his laptop.

Can i use this Archer C9 as a repeater or not.

I did not find this the manual.

Thanks, Bob

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer C9 V1 - default login and password after reset and how to use as repeater-Solution
2019-10-17 01:54:50 - last edited 2019-10-17 09:36:29

@lobo405 

Glad to hear that you figured out the first issue.

Regarding to the repeater mode of Archer C9, you can use the WDS bridging feature to achieve it. 

Below is the instruction:https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/825/ 

Note: Please use the main router's wifi password to set it up. 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer C9 V1 - default login and password after reset and how to use as repeater
2019-10-16 15:15:41 - last edited 2019-10-16 15:16:37

Pff, the first part (login) was caused by Bitdefender.

Although I disabled as far as I know all protection, still 1 thing was left blocking the login (I did not see messages from Bitdefender first)

Still open is my question if I can configure this Archer C9 as a repeater or not. Hope somebody can tell me....

Options
Re:Archer C9 V1 - default login and password after reset and how to use as repeater-Solution
2019-10-17 01:54:50 - last edited 2019-10-17 09:36:29

@lobo405 

Glad to hear that you figured out the first issue.

Regarding to the repeater mode of Archer C9, you can use the WDS bridging feature to achieve it. 

Below is the instruction:https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/825/ 

Note: Please use the main router's wifi password to set it up. 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer C9 V1 - default login and password after reset and how to use as repeater
2019-10-17 09:36:21
Thanks Kevin_Z This helps me. I could not find this item as it was not where I expected it to be. Now I found it and I will surely get it to work now!
Options
2019-10-18 13:56:15

@Kevin_Z , sorry, it does not work as needed.

Bridging results in using the same channel as the "source" (channel 1) and the source they use at the port, where he has a small boat, does not allow that.

Connecting was ok, but no internet connection, whatever I tried.

Doing this at home was no problem.

It worked within 2 or 3 minutes.

Connecting to my home Wi-fi and then with a laptop connecting to the bridged amplified Wi-fi of the Archer C9.

Using the old router that I configured along time ago as a repeater (the one that broke down ) I could, in the repeater mode, select another free channel.

Using the Archer C9 in bridge modus locks the channel to channel 1, the same channel as the source.

As I never had this problem before (not used bridged modus for a long time) and I sometimes did have a working connection, it took me a long time to find out what the problem was. And also after using a Wi-fi app that showed channel 1 as a 1 red star meaning it was a locked channel.

So thanks for the help, but my relative decided to buy a special outdoor Camp-Pro2 repeater for his boat.

Bob

Options
2019-10-21 09:31:58

@lobo405 

Thanks for your reply.

As a repeater, the Archer C9 should have the same wireless channel as the main router. 

And the Archer C9 usually works as an indoor network device, if you want to boost the wifi signal outside to a boat, you can order a suitable outdoor extender. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5438

Replies: 5