Brand New Router Works really badly for me, It's getting worse

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-16 17:47:28 - last edited 2019-10-16 18:01:18
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

A few months ago I got a new router. I setted it in, etc. then i start using it. For my family it works well, but for me, it doesn't. a few weeks later i decided to give it a test on ookla speedtest. I got an error for Upload speed/socket error. It said it could be a firewall block. So I checked it. The firewall wasn't blocking it. I started checking many forums, everywhere the same thing, same answers, and none of them help. My family doesn't agree in changing the router again. Today I did a test, and it failed on Download. Weirdly I can watch youtube in HD, but only 720p, and I cant play anything online. If anyone has any idea, please tell me. Thanks for reading!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Brand New Router Works really badly for me, It's getting worse
2019-10-17 02:02:19

@PURPL3 

Who is your internet service provider and what is the bandwidth you paid? 

From your description, do other devices work well except yours? If so, what is the model and OS version of your device? 

With it connected to the Archer C1200, what is the speed you can get? You can go to speedtest.net to run it for 3 times. 

Besides, you can forget the network and reconnect to the TP-Link wifi to give it a go. 

Or try to change the wireless settings, like wireless channel, channel width. 

Best regards. 

Options
Re:Brand New Router Works really badly for me, It's getting worse
2019-10-20 09:14:26

@Kevin_Z  My internet service provider is RCS & RDS Romania and the bandwith I paid was 1200 Mbps total.

Yes, other devices work for ex. My phone, my family member's devices, and my OS is Windows 10.

I ran 3 speedtest.net tests, here are the results:

Test 1: Ping 2, Download 203.32 Mbps, Upload 154.46 Mbps

Test 2: Ping 2, Download 286.23 Mbps, Upload 155.59 Mbps

Test 3: Ping 2, Download 297.39 Mbps, Upload 157.21 Mbps

I did a total too (adding them togheter): Ping 2, Download 262.31 Mbps, Upload 155.75 Mbps

Also, I had a Router that was supposed to be slower but it worked better, just telling if this info may help.

I have also tryed before to plug out the internet cable and putting it back, but it didn't seem to work.

Kevin_Z wrote

@PURPL3 

Who is your internet service provider and what is the bandwidth you paid? 

From your description, do other devices work well except yours? If so, what is the model and OS version of your device? 

With it connected to the Archer C1200, what is the speed you can get? You can go to speedtest.net to run it for 3 times. 

Besides, you can forget the network and reconnect to the TP-Link wifi to give it a go. 

Or try to change the wireless settings, like wireless channel, channel width. 

Best regards. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 685

Replies: 2