Downgrade existing user to access guest network only

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-17 21:25:56
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Is it possible to "downgrade" an existing user of my main network to a level on which he has only access to my guest network?

Looking foward to a positive reply!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Downgrade existing user to access guest network only
2019-10-18 02:09:56

@Remko 

Hello, this device can disconnect from the main network and reconnect to the guest network. 

Cause there is no option to change a device from main network to guest network directly, as a workaround, you can change the wireless settings of the main network, like network name and password, then the connected devices will lose connection, then you can enable guest network and share him the password or make it open, then this device will be able  to connect to the guest netowrk. 

May it help and have a good day. 

Options
2019-10-20 12:24:54

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin, thanks for your reply. 

I know that I can let the device connect with the guest network instead the main network, but then I would still have to change the password on the main network. I was hoping that there would be a way to block a device from access to the main network, but still grant access to the guest network within the same mesh network.

If someone know that this is possible, please let me know.

Options
2019-10-21 02:00:37

@Remko 

Thanks for  your reply. 

While sorry to tell you that there is no option to downgrade an user from main network to host network on the Deco app yet. 

If you do not want to change the wireless settings, you can forget the network on the specific device, then without the password of the main network, it won't be able to connect to it and you can connect it to the guest network. 

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 610

Replies: 3

Related Articles