Archer C1200v2 (EU) - Manage QoS max bandwidth separately between 2.4GHz and 5GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C1200v2 (EU) - Manage QoS max bandwidth separately between 2.4GHz and 5GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-18 08:53:29 - last edited 2019-10-18 08:58:40
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.2 Build 20180118 rel.38979 (EU)

Dear,

Is it possible to manage the max bandwidth on the Archer C1200 separately between the 2.4GHz channel and the 5GHz channel?

Or it would also be nice to be able to limit devices independently and constantly, as I feel that the QoS priority feature is only applied when multiple devices from different priorities are browsing at the same time, but if a device from lowest priority is active alone on the network it just gets the full 100%.

PS: Are there still firmware upgrades expected in the (near) future, as I see that the latest firmware already dates back to Jan 2018? If so, what can be expected in a new firmware release?

EDIT: Based on https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/557/ it seems to be possible to manage devices separately for Archer C7. Wouldn't it be possible to integrate this feature in the Archer C5/C1200, since it already exists in a relatively similar router?

Best regards

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C1200v2 (EU) - Manage QoS max bandwidth separately between 2.4GHz and 5GHz
2019-10-21 06:02:33

@Kwakkel 

Hello, sorry to tell you that there is no option to manage the max bandwidthon the Archer C1200 separately between the 2.4GHz and 5GHz. 

Compared  to bandwidth control, QoS is an evolution edition, which takes full advantages of the total bandwidth. Like you mentioned, if a device from lowest priority is active aloone on the network, it just gets the full 100%, it is more flexible and efficient than fixed bandwidth limitation. 

For the new firmware/new feature, it is suggested to keep an eye on official website for the updates. 

Anything new, we will post there. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Archer C1200v2 (EU) - Manage QoS max bandwidth separately between 2.4GHz and 5GHz
2019-10-21 09:01:32
Thanks @Kevin_Z. I understand it is more flexible, though both have their advantages. In my case, I'd like to reduce bandwidth for the kids' devices that are constantly streaming videos (in order to avoid to exceed my ISP's volume limitation), without limiting my own devices. Hence, something hybrid between bandwidth control and QOS might be a good alternative, or just having both available. On the firmware front: any chance you could drop a hint whether or not anything is coming up in the near future?
Options
2019-10-23 07:33:54

@Kwakkel 

Thanks for your reply, and I got your point. 

For the new features added in next firmware, actually we are not sure about it; we cannot guarantee which feature will be added/improved in next firmware release, it is very suggested to keep an eye on ofifical website, any updates, we will post there. 

Beside, you can add other devices to QoS-priority lists with your kids' devices together to limit the bandwidth your kids share. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 641

Replies: 3

Related Articles