TP-Link Archer C2300 logging into management console

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-18 10:01:27 - last edited 2019-10-18 10:47:22
Model: Archer A2300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.0.3 Build 20180810 Rel. 62903

Hello.

Last couple of days I've got problems logging in to management console either from tplinkwifi.net or the Tether app. I've noticed that when i try to login from the browser, a request to check the the firmware is timing out:

I'm able to access the management console from tplinkwifi.net after that firmware?form=upgrade request times out after a min but I can't access the device from TetherApp as it shows as offline device.

Update: A reboot fixes TetherApp and browser login issue. Device is showing online again and able to login.

Options
4 Reply
Re:TP-Link Archer C2300 logging into management console
2019-10-21 03:48:12

@SakisKoltsidas 

Thanks for your updates, glad to hear that you figured it out finally. 

Now you can enjoy the internet with the TP-Link router.

If need any further help, do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks for your sharing again.

Good day. 

Options
2019-10-21 08:06:12

Hey @Kevin_Z I've not figured it out and still believe it's related either to outage issue on tplinkwifi.net servers or stuck login sessions between broswer and ThetherApp. Rebooting my router seemed to fix that but still I'd like to avoid having to resort to that when it happens

Options
2019-10-22 09:03:02

@SakisKoltsidas 

The tplinkwifi.net server is a built-in web page on this router; it is hard to locate what is the root cause;

It may be the outage issue cause it is the only variable thing, or the connection between the client and router. 

Besides, I always have a question-- the picture attached on your original post, usually we connect a client to the router and access it with the IP or the domain name, but I have never seen a page like that. If you can provide more information will be much appreciated.  

Best regards. 

Options
2019-10-22 09:11:35

Hi @Kevin_Z, I didn't realise that tplinkwifi.net was a built in web page. The screenshots on my original post are from Google Chrome browser, developer tools. The screenshot shows that i was getting a 502 response for the server hosting tplinkwifi.net. I wasn't getting anything else useful in the payload of that errored response that's why i've not posted anything else.

The problem hasn't occurred since and wasn't able to replicate it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 857

Replies: 4

Related Articles