Deco M5 source signal selectable?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 source signal selectable?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
333 Reply
Re:Deco M5 source signal selectable?
2021-02-25 20:41:28

@TP-Link message sent, thanks 

Options
2021-03-03 22:14:04

@9jackson Hi, thanks for the additional info. Have you found this to be a permanent fix or did they system revert back to its previous state over time?

I have downloaded and installed the Beta firmware but it had no impact on performance or the signal source for each unit.

Thanks,
Dan 

Options
2021-03-03 22:20:11

I just read everyone else's recent posts -- doesn't sound like there is a good solution, only temporary kludges that will need to be reimplemented after a reboot or power outtage.

I agree that it's time to go to Plan B. Unfortunately, I bought my units 6 months ago so doubt I can return them. 

My question - has anyone had better experience with the Google Mesh Wi-Fi system? Is this a better option?

Thanks,
Dan  

Options
2021-03-04 18:18:19

@TP-Link my main deco is in the ground floor, so some of the slave units pick up other sources like my outhouse picks up the kitchen as it's source whereas the 3rd floor bedrooms do not chose their closest source. They use the main deco as the source and this is a weak signal position.

This beta firmware will this be a future app/firmware update? 

Regards Chris 

Options
2021-03-17 21:45:53

@TP-Link  I would like to use the beta because I have five of your M5 devices and they are all connecting to satellites that are not closest to them and my connection keeps dropping. 

Many thanks!

Options
2021-03-19 10:22:41

@TP-Link I have the deco m9 plus three units. I have tried the network optimisation in the current firmware but it is far from optimal and does not solve the issue. The furtherest deco unit continues to try and connect to the main unit even though there is a closer deco unit with a stronger signal. You need to simply allow the user to manually select the preferred signal source. It's not that hard and you really should have sorted this out months ago. Ridiculous.

Options
2021-03-22 09:41:44

@TP-Link 

Hi, Can you provide something similar for m4 or e4 deco sistem ?

thx

Options
2021-03-23 19:33:21
Please can I try the beta software
Options
2021-03-23 21:12:58

@TP-Link 

TP-Link wrote

@Olafmol 

Hi, All!

Currently, we have a beta firmware for Deco M5 which could help satellite Deco to find the best uplink Deco and optimize its signal source.

So the beta firmware might improve the issue Deco is not getting signal source from the nearest Deco

And if anyone with more than three Deco M5, was suffering from this issue and wanted to test the beta firmware, please leave me a private message with the following information:

1.  the network structure about how each Deco is connected;

(if possible, please help us mark their relative distance)

PS: the beta firmware would be updated via web UI and could be reverted back to the official firmware.

Thank you very much for your cooperation and wait for your reply.

Update:

Hi, Thank you for all your concerns.

We have the beta firmware for the following models which added a new network optimization feature and can help to optimize the network map of the Deco system.:

Deco M5, Deco M9 Plus, and Deco X60;

Please feel free to send me a private message if you want to test the beta firmware;

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

2021-01-26 13:10:53 - last edited 2021-02-09 02:58:09

Re:Deco M5 source signal selectable?-Solution

@Olafmol 

Hi, All!

Currently, we have a beta firmware for Deco M5 which could help satellite Deco to find the best uplink Deco and optimize its signal source.

So the beta firmware might improve the issue Deco is not getting signal source from the nearest Deco

And if anyone with more than three Deco M5, was suffering from this issue and wanted to test the beta firmware, please leave me a private message with the following information:

1.  the network structure about how each Deco is connected;

(if possible, please help us mark their relative distance)

PS: the beta firmware would be updated via web UI and could be reverted back to the official firmware.

Thank you very much for your cooperation and wait for your reply.

Update:

Hi, Thank you for all your concerns.

We have the beta firmware for the following models which added a new network optimization feature and can help to optimize the network map of the Deco system.:

Deco M5, Deco M9 Plus, and Deco X60;

Please feel free to send me a private message if you want to test the beta firmware;

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-03-23 21:14:32
on the topic below, please could you tell me how to get this beta firmware. I'm going crazy with 8 deco's and all will connect to te M9 with the poorest connection available! My housa has 4 floors and on al the floors are (several) deco's. They all connect to the main deco (M9) wich is connected to my router. I will try the Beta version to see if I can choose the best uplink deco next to it. network structure is like: M9 main deco connected to my router with a cable (accespoint) M5 deco 6 meters away, Living room, same floor (connected to M9) M5 kitchen 6 meters from M5 living room (connects to M9) M5 bedroom first floor, right above the M9 connected to M9 M5 other bedroom, first floor 10 meters away from M9 and connected to M9 M5 second floor bedroom 12 meters above M9 connected to M9 2x M5 not connected yet....
Options
Related Articles