Deco M5 source signal selectable?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 source signal selectable?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
333 Reply
Re:Deco M5 source signal selectable?
2021-04-07 01:06:36

@Esker I was excited about the upgrade but like many on this thread. My 3rd node will not stop connecting to the main node. Even with the Network Optimization it does not work.

Options
2021-04-07 01:12:22

@Esker 

The latest firmware for M5 v 3 is 1.5.3, which I downloaded last week. The beta firmware is 1.5.1. If I install the beta firmware, does it take the Deco backwards in firmware? Or does .1.5.3 now incorporate the beta improvements in signal source selection.?

Options
2021-04-07 01:15:32 - last edited 2021-04-07 01:17:33

@PMak Keep trying, sometimes it works after numerous "network optimization", sometimes it works at the first try.

Unfortunately, this is the best we can get until TP Link decided to allow users to select the signal source manually.

It is hard to believe that this issue has been here since 2019 and there is still no solution provided by TP Link, and they keep introducing more new Deco products and all with the same problem. 

That's the way to go to support your products and customers  @TP_LINK

Options
2021-04-07 01:19:27

@RandySea2 No, v1.5.3 does not incorporate the beta improvement. The beta firmware version number is older than the official firmware version, however its date is newer than the official firmware version.

Options
2021-04-07 02:10:55
Thank you. Since I am getting a good source selection with 1.5.3, I'll just stick with it.
Options
2021-04-07 22:29:49

TP-Link wrote

@Olafmol 

Hi, All!

Currently, we have a beta firmware for Deco M5 which could help satellite Deco to find the best uplink Deco and optimize its signal source.

So the beta firmware might improve the issue Deco is not getting signal source from the nearest Deco

And if anyone with more than three Deco M5, was suffering from this issue and wanted to test the beta firmware, please leave me a private message with the following information:

1.  the network structure about how each Deco is connected;

(if possible, please help us mark their relative distance)

PS: the beta firmware would be updated via web UI and could be reverted back to the official firmware.

Thank you very much for your cooperation and wait for your reply.

Update:

Hi, Thank you for all your concerns.

We have the beta firmware for the following models which added a new network optimization feature and can help to optimize the network map of the Deco system.:

Deco M5, Deco M9 Plus, and Deco X60;

Please feel free to send me a private message if you want to test the beta firmware;

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Hello, i'm having this exactley problmem. I bought the starter box with 3 decos m5, and realized I would need one more to cover my house. This foirth one , don't know why, "insists" on selecting the main deco as the signal source... which is very odd, because ir is the one that is farest of it. Well, I'd like to try this beta firmware an see if solves my problem.  @TP-Link 

Options
2021-04-08 05:39:13
Im interested in that beta version
Options
2021-04-11 16:14:12

@TP-Lik please could I be invited to the beta, I (believe) have PM'd you my details, my "issue" thread is here

As per the below, the M5 loft is connecting to the living room, despite an M9 being one floor below.

Options
2021-04-11 17:44:10

This is sad, so sad, after all these YEARS we still have basic problems with these mesh routing.

Because of this problems i try it to make my main mesh to be in the middle so all 2(secondary mesh) to have strong signal.

Now all my devices from the house(5) are connected to my main mesh. 

It does not connect to the secondary mesh even if is are 1 meter away.

This is start to be a joke. An expensive joke.

Nothing works properly.

The best advice I can give you is to buy a normal router.

Options
2021-04-12 19:53:21

@TP-Link how can i opt in on the beta? Not being able to pick source is super frustrating, I'm getting horrible results with my M9 plus!!!

Options
Related Articles