Connection between router and repeter/extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-21 09:47:19 - last edited 2019-10-22 01:58:04
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hello
Not sure which part of the forum I should post my question as I do not have the knowledge where the error lies.

Bought the Archer MR200 and installed it so that WiFi works and Philips Hue, which is then connected via ethernet cable also works. Also bought a TP-Link Range Extander AC750 (RE210) that I want to repaet the network via ethernet cable so that I can control a Hue smart plug 30 meters away.

The problem
When I connect the Ethernet cable to the Lan port or even the Lan4 / wan, the wifi stops working and the Hue Bridge connected with cable to the router cannot find the network. When I unplug the ethernet cable, theh mobile etc. reconnects to wifi and Hue Bridge connects to the router via the Ethernet cable.

All lamps on the TP Extender light up green but the RE lamp switches on and off at 5-10 sec intervals from green to red.

Very grateful for tips on how to make this work. //Patric

Options
4 Reply
Re:Connection between router and repeter/extender
2019-10-22 01:57:53 - last edited 2019-10-22 01:58:04

@Patric 

Do you mean the Archer MR200 stops working once you connected the RE210 to its ethernet port? 

And it should be the WPS button, solid red means that The Range Extender has established a secure connection, but the signal strength is too weak, while solid green indicates signal strength is adequate. Considering it flashes between red and green, the connection is unstable. 

Try to change another sockets to plug it, and ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

Besides, you can change the wireless settings on the main router to optimize the wireless performance. 

Nice day. 

Options
2019-10-22 19:25:38

@Kevin_Z 

Thx Kevin!

That is what is strange. When I plug in cable into the router and repeater on the other end, I can't connect my phone or ipad to the router's wifi. All the lights on the router show ok!
So the question is whether the problem is in the configuration of the router or repeater?

Even though it is not the solution. Would be brilliant if you could point me to a guide for optemize the Wi-Fi 

Options
2019-10-23 07:12:24

@Patric 

When RE210 works in range extender mode, it will connect to the main router by wireless, and you cannot connect it to the router by wired cable, otherwise, it may stop working. 

In access point, we have to connect the RE210 to the MR200 by ethernet cable to get internet; so first please verify what the operation mode is. 

To optimize the wireless performance, first you need login to the web UI of the MR200.

And then go to wireless settings page, there you can change the wireless channel and channel width; 2.4GHz: channel 1, 6 and 11, channel width 40MHz; 5GHz: channel 36, 40 and 44, channel width 80MHz.

Besides, please ensure that the firmware of two devices are up to date. 

Options
2019-10-23 07:44:54

@Kevin_Z 

Great!

Then I know the problem is probably on the RE210 side. I've thought I set up RE210 as an acces point but seems to have missed something.

Thx for info about the channel settings. look at it once the access point is up and running.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1728

Replies: 4

Related Articles