ArcherC9 usb connected HDD is going to sleep

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-23 19:25:45 - last edited 2019-10-24 16:20:45
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20171215 rel.35219(4555)

Hello, 

My ArcherC9 behaves in strange way with HHD conected to USB 3 port. At first all is fine, I have access from local network but after some time (still I haven't noticed how much) HDD goes into sleep mode and I cannot access it neither from PC in local network nor from from TP-Link control panel. Do you have similar issues? Is there any solution?

Cheers, 

gotman 

Options
5 Reply
Re:ArcherC9 usb connected HDD is going to sleep
2019-10-25 07:09:37

@gotman 

What is the model number of the HDD? What is the capacity as well? 

How do you know that it goes to sleep mode? Any specific symptom? Like the LED light on the HDD itself? 

Does it need external power supply? 

Try to change another USB 2.0 port and verify whether it works as expected; or you can change another HDD and plug it into the USB 3.0 port. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-10-26 20:24:09
It may be your PC that is putting it to sleep as part of the energy savings mode as it is just another HHD. Check your PC settings.
Options
2019-11-11 19:52:53

@Kevin_Z 

HDD is WD5000LPCX

When it goes to sleep the light is off and it is not available (visible) in router control panel. When I take out usb cable from the router and vonect it again everything is back for few hours (I'm still not sure how much time it takes). 

Options
2021-10-18 02:41:27

@gotman 
Any development for this issue? I am getting exactly the same issue with a AC1200 Router.

Options
2021-10-18 06:02:16

@IEI2AV 

Is the model Archer C1200 or Archer C6, or other models? You can find it on the router bottom sticker as follows:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/46/

What is the brand and capacity of the USB device that connects to the router? If possible, test with another USB device to see if it performs the same.

Please check the LED status on both the USB device and the router USB, are they off when the USB device disappears? Try to insert the USB device to the computer directly, check if there is any setting related to the sleep mode, try disabling it, then check again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1591

Replies: 5

Related Articles