Frequent Deco Wifi on but no internet connection / or LAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-24 13:17:59 - last edited 2019-10-24 13:55:08

Hi,

I have the Deco E4's with the most up-to date firmware.

Wi-Fi devices of differnet brands and types lose internet access throughout the day (2.4 & 5g).

Tried pretty much everything at this point; disabled fast roam , beamforming. tried Guest network (still lose internet access).

Now whats interesting is i have a Camera system that i use locally only and that will also stop working until i turn wifi on and off on the andriod tablets that i use to view it. I also can just wait for 30-90 seconds for it to come back online.

The Deco network is AP mode.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Router/modem                         

W9970

Port 1---------------------------- Main Deco ---------------- Camera is the spare of the ports

Port 2----------------------------Netgear Switch -------------------- BT TV box for netflixing , CARD machine(ATM).
Port 3----------------------------Powerline Network ------------------- XBOX 1 & Slave Deco 2.

Port 4----------------------------Slave Deco 1 ----------------------------- TP switch ---------- 2 computers wired.

Powerline network connected in port 3 has another powerline adapter with a smart tv wired in and a wireless extender (Seperate SSID, I have the extender due to the a cleverdog ipcam not working with Deco's WIFI.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Options
15 Reply
Re:Frequent Deco Wifi on but no internet connection / or LAN
2019-10-25 01:49:17

@spicy61 

What is the led status of the Deco units when the wireless devices lost connection? At that time, are they still connected to the TP-Link wifi but no internet access or they lost connection totally? 

With computer connected to the main Deco by wired cable, can you get internet? Please click here to get the IP address and gateway obatined by your PC. Try to ping the gateway of the main router which is 192.168.1.1 by default and show us the results. 

When the Deco stops working, please verify which Deco the andriod tablets connected and login to the Deco app to find the IP address of this Deco and the IP of main Deco; try to ping them one by one and show us the screenshots of the results. And try to ping the camera as well. 

Try to swap the locations of the Deco to rule out whether it is the Deco itself or the location/network environment. 

Best regards. 

Options
2019-10-26 16:07:02 - last edited 2019-10-27 01:10:46

@Kevin_Z 

Right i've been working on this almost 24hours.

The update i changed my deco to router mode by removing the W9970 router and setting up a Modem. I also moved one of the slave decos close enough to a Computer where i can test if it drops the wired connection too. 

It has disconnectedd the andriod devices throughout the day just like it did before. The wired pc that is connected to the slave deco continues to run fine even when the andriod gets the "Connected,no internet" error

So 3 possible reasons I believe im still disconnecting.

1) Netgear gs105 is defective or the deco just doesn't like it.

2) One of the decos are defective is causing the wifi disconnects

3) I noticed from the web GUI, the main router deco seems to 100 Cpu load quite often. Maybe the e4s are too weak for my network.

Any further thoughts? 

I wish the decos had better log reporting. As I can see when the connected no internet error occurs as my cctv system will freeze and "time stamp" it.

Options
2019-10-29 06:42:59

@spicy61 

After you setup the TD-W9970 as pure modem and Deco E4 as main router, how do you connect these devices together?

Try to remove the powerline network and the switch to test the performance of the Deco units. 

Besides, you mentioned Android devices lost connection, what about other wireless devices? Like Windows PC? Do they get internet from Deco's wifi? 

Meanwhile, like I mentioned on my last reply, when the wifi stops working, please verify which Deco you have connected and get the IP address from the Deco app and then try to ping it and the gateway of the main Deco. 

Note: Please show us the screenshots of the ping results.

Have you ever tried  to swap their locations? Try to simplify the network diagram as well, in other word, connect the main Deco to the TD-W9970 ONLY and then test the wireless connection stability. 

Thanks for your support; Have a nice day. 

Options
2019-12-06 14:10:04

Did you find an answer, I have the exact same problem. If I don’t find an answer today I’ll return it to the store. Most unsatisfying product I must say. 

spicy61 wrote

Hi,

I have the Deco E4's with the most up-to date firmware.

Wi-Fi devices of differnet brands and types lose internet access throughout the day (2.4 & 5g).

Tried pretty much everything at this point; disabled fast roam , beamforming. tried Guest network (still lose internet access).

Now whats interesting is i have a Camera system that i use locally only and that will also stop working until i turn wifi on and off on the andriod tablets that i use to view it. I also can just wait for 30-90 seconds for it to come back online.

The Deco network is AP mode.

Router/modem                         

W9970

Port 1---------------------------- Main Deco ---------------- Camera is the spare of the ports

Port 2----------------------------Netgear Switch -------------------- BT TV box for netflixing , CARD machine(ATM).
Port 3----------------------------Powerline Network ------------------- XBOX 1 & Slave Deco 2.

Port 4----------------------------Slave Deco 1 ----------------------------- TP switch ---------- 2 computers wired.

Powerline network connected in port 3 has another powerline adapter with a smart tv wired in and a wireless extender (Seperate SSID, I have the extender due to the a cleverdog ipcam not working with Deco's WIFI.)

@spicy61 

Options
2020-01-24 18:45:59

@AndersB 

I have the same problem since a fieuw months, it started on my HP specter, it dropped connection often in the office (main deco), then worked fine in the living room (closer to the bedroom deco), then in the bedroom it would drop off again I assume because I moved closer to the 3rd floor Deco. 

I recently bought a MSI G65, it drops connection even more then the specter. Phones and tablets (ios and android) work fine... As do wired connections. 

Now it drops connection everywhere, I deactivate the bedroom Deco because it came online and offline in the network overview. Without result. 

Network topology: 1 deco master, 2 slaves Ethernet connected over a Dlink 1008P gigabit unmanaged switch. 

This is driving me up the walls, I'm 90% sure it's the decos that are flipping but before I send them in for repair I wanted to see if I could find a solution online... 

This post is relativ recent, I wondered if there was a light at the end of this tunnel. 

Thaaanks!!!!

Options
2020-08-31 07:49:33

Hello,

I have 3 Deco M4.

Same issue here. Wifi OK but no internet.

The android devices seem to work fine, but I'm having issues with my Chromecast and my work computer.

I've had 2 firwmare updates in the last few days, hoping it would solve the issue but no.

I have yet to try swapping the different units and setting the whole network up again to see if it does anything.

If it doesn't work I'll try to return them to Amazon.

Options
2020-10-24 09:55:57

@Nounouf I have this exact issue. All my Android and Windows devices get connected but the Apple ones even though get connected, there's no internet connection. It sucks big time.

Options
2020-12-10 09:13:06

@spicy61 Hi all, i'am experiencing the exact same issues and it's driving me crazy actually the devices are loosing internet connection while remaining connected to the Deco, and not all the devices loses connection but it's random you will have to disconnect from the wifi and connect back or restart the Deco , this is very annoying especially when you have online meetings and you loose the connection , sometimes what I observed is this happening pretty much at the same time, not sure why... At the beginning the secondary deco device was connected to ther master trough wifi , i changed that to a wired link but the problem remains the same, devices connected to the deco but no internet,  i checked and the provider router is connected  to the internet , that's very strange issue.

Options
2020-12-19 22:13:33

Similar issues for a while now with Deco X20s. Hesitant to declare final victory yet, but I turned off "Obtain DNS Automatically" and entered Google's DNS servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) yesterday morning. This is under Advanced -IPV4 - Internet Connections Type. Great speed and ZERO disconnects for over a day now. With the auto setting, it used its own address (192.168.1.1) for both DNS entries, and that always puzzled me. I'm guessing it just passed DNS requests on through to your ISP's selected DNS servers, and maybe that didn't always work well with some ISPs. Hope this helps others!

Options
2020-12-20 05:13:51

I have the same problem with recently purchased Deco X25. Any TPLink staff here can answer? Linking with Google DNS should'nt be the agreeable solution, even if it works (doubt so...in my case not all devices drop internet at same time, but randomly). Seems like many customers affected by this issue, no official solution yet??

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 23459

Replies: 15

Related Articles