"Access point mode" and Ethernet ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-24 16:49:21
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

I have an M5 deco (the main one) connected directly to the router. M5 is configured as AP (access point mode). I have connected the TV to the free Ethernet port (the other one is used to connect the M5 to the router). With this configuration the TV does not have internet access. What can be the problem?

Options
3 Reply
Re:"Access point mode" and Ethernet ports
2019-10-25 02:07:51

@PascualNG 

What is the led status of the Deco? 

With computer connected to the 2nd ethernet port, can it access internet? Please click here to verify its IP and gateway. 

If the PC works fine, then the Deco should be working properly as well. You can give a call to the tech support of the TV to get some help. 

If the PC does not work either, please show me its IP and gateway; and please connect your computer  to the main router directly to test the IP and gateway also. 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
2019-10-25 11:34:16

@Kevin_Z 

The LED status is green.

I installed a computer at the second ethernet port and it cannot access to internet too

•  IP: 192.168.0.X (do not remember the last number)
  •  Net mask: 255.255.255.0
  •  Gateway: 192.168.0.1

Connecting the computer directly to the router, the computer has access to the internet

This morning I tried the following:

•  Change the Deco to "router mode"
  •  Wait a few minutes
  •  Change the Deco to "AP mode"
  •  Wait a few minutes
  •  Now the second ethernet port has access to internet

Options
2019-10-28 03:16:43

@PascualNG 

Thanks for your reply, so the current second ethernet port works well, you can access internet from it. 

Is there anything else we can help? 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2462

Replies: 3

Related Articles