Cannot connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cannot connect
Cannot connect
2019-10-24 20:31:13
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Very simple: Can turn on, cannot connect to my router. Tell me I need to check the router, but a Huawei E5785 connects without any issues. So????

Options
7 Reply
Re:Cannot connect
2019-10-25 07:15:48

@Steen 

Below is the instruction to setup the RE650. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/re650/#video

Note: Please use the main router's wifi password to configure this extender. 

And please locate the extender about 10 feet away from the main router to set it up and ensure that the host wifi can be detected by the RE650. 

Note: If not, you can change the wireless channel of main router to make it to be detected. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
2019-10-25 19:17:24 - last edited 2019-10-25 19:18:56

@Kevin_Z 

... long story that I already wrote once but as this online forum logged me out - probably due to time - it has been lost.

My point: long time, a lot of patience and trying other devices (in my case a change from my Lenovo x270 to my Samsung Galaxy Note 4) made it possible to set the extender up.

PS Instruction video, content in the manual etc. didn't help at all and PPS I am used to set up any type of digital gear.

Options
2019-10-28 06:52:47

@Steen 

So you have finished the configuration of the extender, right? 

Can you get internet from it now? 

Is there something on the user manual or instruction video makes you confused? 

Good day. 

Options
2019-10-28 20:02:14

@Kevin_Z 

Yes, I have connection and it is running as supposed. Actually pretty well. The only thing I would like to see improved it so have it hanging outdoors in teh weather of Scandinavia. That will take a more tight box, but it should be easy to make and it will really be an improvement.

But for the manual and procedures: a) My first scans didn't show any network. b) during these at some point I actually did get connection through the extender to the router and internet. My Pc still couldn't see the connection but it was there. c) Then I had dinner so I took a break and still like two hours later no succes. It still told me I had to check my router which I knew was a wrong message. So an error in an error message... well.
d) I kind of gave up and thought this was bad. And as I am stubborn I tried my phone. Same result. Hmm, tried a few times over and one of the times via my phone (still on the webinterface) it succeeded in finding the router, so I pressed save. By now it had been working for like 4 hours although it told me it did not and that I had to check my router.

f) So I didn't care much. And went to bed.

g) Next morning my phone finally made it all the way. At first a manual set up, but then a little later I could have the automatic setup that I am using now.

So now you know why "patience" are the missing keyword. The change of device may be another.

And the only thing I really would like to see was that it was a waterproof device (yes I do have outdoor electricity sockets).

Options
2019-10-30 01:07:46

@Steen 

Thanks for your reply, glad to hear that it is working for now.

Sounds like you have taken a lot of time to set it up, while the RE650 is an indoor range extender, and the coverage area is limited, it is not suggested to use it outside, instead, we do have some business level product which is water proof, like EAP-Outdoor 110, EAP-Outdoor225.

For more information, you can start a thread at https://community.tp-link.com/en/business

Have a nice day. 

Options
2019-11-16 22:46:31

@Kevin_Z 

Well, I did look at those, but two things made me not go that way: a) the need power over ethernet (as far as I can se) so I would have to cable outdoors (I already have the electricity there so I do not have to do anything if it was usual power supply) and b) they are never mentioned as extenders but only as routers. I have to use an extender as I get a internet from a radio/TV signal (450MHz) .

I know the issues around humidity, but setting a waterproof junction box up with the extender in is a very cheap way to go. By the way the extender already reaches pretty far from indoors behind a three layer window.

So I still follow this track. I have bought one extender more to daisy chain them (or maybe the 2nd one will end jumping between the router and the extender - I cannot tell until I get it to play with) so the 2nd one first of all cover my 2nd house indoors, but also that the two together make a even better coverage outdoors when the weather is like staying out. At that time I am certain that the waterproof junction box(es) also may be used.

Options
2019-11-20 06:57:23

@Steen 

Okay, I see, thanks for your reply. 

You can give it a go by using them to boost the wifi signal outside. But please ensure that it is waterproofed well by the junction boxes. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1078

Replies: 7

Related Articles