How to set the individual bandwidth limit of each device connected to the network with the Deco app?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to set the individual bandwidth limit of each device connected to the network with the Deco app?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-25 10:56:06 - last edited 2020-01-02 03:07:15
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: Latest

I couldn't, for the life of me, determine how to change the individual bandwidth limitations of EACH device (be it upload or download). I could easily do this on my $30 Xiaomi router.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Went back to an upgrade-Solution
2020-01-02 03:07:02 - last edited 2020-01-02 03:07:15

I ended up returning to my old Xiaomi router. No mesh/QoS solution, especially from TP-Link, could ever compare to the vast customization the Xiaomi router had, not to mention that the latter has a usb 3.0 port so I could easily set my Plex Server.

The last straw was when we had a mobile game party of 10 people where everyone either disconnected every 7-10 minutes or lagged to oblivion despite setting every devices involved to a higher priority on gaming. While that was going on, I could see the other lower prioritized devices devouring 20/30 mbps unknowingly probably from updates/etc, only if I could've restricted each of those devices' download speed or sent them to a group that can only access like 30-40% of the total bandwidth and leave the rest to my gaming group.

Recommended Solution
Options
17 Reply
Re:How to set the individual bandwidth limit of each device connected to the network with the Deco app?
2019-10-28 03:26:40

@Maker 

Hello, for your information, the Deco does not support bandwidth control, instead, it supports QoS which has the similar function as bandwidth, whle it is more efficient and flexible. 

Below is the instruction to setup QoS on the Deco app. You can give it a go.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1601/

Best regards. 

Options
Re:How to set the individual bandwidth limit of each device connected to the network with the Deco app?
2020-01-01 16:28:10

Is this a feature that could be offered.  It is a real problem for people that have caps on home internet.

Kevin_Z wrote

@Maker 

Hello, for your information, the Deco does not support bandwidth control, instead, it supports QoS which has the similar function as bandwidth, whle it is more efficient and flexible. 

Best regards. 

Kevin_Z wrote

@Maker 

Best regards. 

Options
Went back to an upgrade-Solution
2020-01-02 03:07:02 - last edited 2020-01-02 03:07:15

I ended up returning to my old Xiaomi router. No mesh/QoS solution, especially from TP-Link, could ever compare to the vast customization the Xiaomi router had, not to mention that the latter has a usb 3.0 port so I could easily set my Plex Server.

The last straw was when we had a mobile game party of 10 people where everyone either disconnected every 7-10 minutes or lagged to oblivion despite setting every devices involved to a higher priority on gaming. While that was going on, I could see the other lower prioritized devices devouring 20/30 mbps unknowingly probably from updates/etc, only if I could've restricted each of those devices' download speed or sent them to a group that can only access like 30-40% of the total bandwidth and leave the rest to my gaming group.

Recommended Solution
Options
Went back to an upgrade
2020-01-03 06:42:43

@Maker 

Thanks for your reply. Sorry to know that the router does not satisfy your needs better. 

We will keep working and improve the advanced feature to make them more customer-oriented. 

And hope there is an opportunity to work with you in the near future. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-04 04:20:06

Thanks for the answers, I have the same issue for my IA factory home also.

https://panasonicservomotor.com/

Options
2020-03-07 20:23:06

@Maker of course TP Link DECO is NOT!!!!!! listening.  Being charged extra $20/mo because this stupid problem.  comon man!!!!

Options
2020-04-14 12:46:07

the QOS function is not even helpful. I do not understand why they cannot include this bandwidth limiter feature on the Deco's. :(

Options
2020-08-27 23:05:50

@Makdegz yes this feature is really very much needed!!!

Options
Went back to an upgrade
2020-08-27 23:15:36
Which xiaomi router are you using? I need this feature and Deco QoS is useless. Think I need to replace router as well.
Options
Went back to an upgrade
2020-08-28 10:08:01

@Lastexile 

It's the Xiaomi router 3G, it's pretty outdated by today's standard though. The new ones are Xiaomi AX1800 and Xiaomi Redmi X5. They're pretty much the same, they just have different designs but the Redmi one is a bit cheaper, it's around the price when I bought my 3G while the AX1800 is about $10-15 more.

Options

Information

Helpful: 10

Views: 44414

Replies: 17