A different ip class in my extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-25 23:22:13
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi Guys,

I need help.

I live in Lisbon, Portugal. My Internet Provider is NOS.

The IP numbers in my WiFi are of this type: 192.168.1....

I bought a TP-Link Extender - TL-WA850RE ver:4.0 - and  I've installed it using a IOS mobile app. Everything went well (or so it seemed). No blips....

I've used the same main SSID wifi (Alliance) in the TP Extender (from my NOS Router) and the same password (I've also used a different name for the extended Wifi - Alliance_Ext - and the same general password but the problem was the same and the following). 

So everything seemed fine.

Then I've checked the instalation with a browser and there was a ! in the internet icon in Status.

So I was having a wifi produced by the extender but I was not "going out" and did not have any connection to the net with the devices connect t the Extender.

I've noticed that the devices connected to the Extender were having iP numbers of the type: 192.168.0..... (different from the 192.168.1..... that every other devices connecting to the main router were and are having).

Is this my problem? Different IP classes produced my the Main Router and the TP-Exttender? 

How can I solve this since it seems that even if the Extender is connected to the router I cannot "go out"when connected to the extender?

Cheers

JorgefromLisbon

Options
1 Reply
Re:A different ip class in my extender
2019-10-28 07:18:22

@JorgefromLisbon 

The default IP address of the extender is 192.168.0.254, from what you mentioned, it is clear that the extender failed to get internet; in other word, you need reconfigure it. 

First, please hold the reset button/hole for 1s with the extender powered on. 

Then connect your smart phone or computer to the extender and login to the web UI, and then go to quick setup to configure it with the wifi password of the main router. 

Below is the instruction to set it up: 

https:// https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wa850re/#video

After that, please verify the IP address obtained by your device and whether it can access internet. 

Good day. 

Options