Archer T4U V3 - Driver Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-26 08:41:39 - last edited 2019-10-30 08:08:30
Model: Archer T4UH  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

For some months already I'm facing packet loss when playing videogames (random 1% to 2%). After trying everything like PortForwarding, setting up DMZ-host, changing WindowsDefender, changing adaptor-setting and contacting ISP, I figured that it's the driver causing issues.

When I download the supported driver from the TP-Link-website, everything works smoothly. Then the driver settings look like this:

Distributor: TP-Link Technologies Co. Ltd.

Date: 12-2-2018

Version: 1030.22.202.2018

Signed by: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatability Publisher

When restarting my computer the next day though, it shows the following:

Distributor: Microsoft

Date: 25-10-2018

Version: 1030.27.425.2018

Signed by: Microsoft Windows

With this version the issue has returned, and the button previous driver is disabled. When manually using the TP-Link repair function it will return to the TP-Link driver again. Though it's quite annoying to perform this on a daily basis.. 

I'm running Windows 10 Home Edition, so not sure how to avoid the driver from being automatically updated.

Anyone has any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Orange

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Archer T4U V3 - Driver Issues-Solution
2019-10-28 09:29:42 - last edited 2019-10-30 08:08:30

@Orange 

Thanks for your requesting. It seems that the driver has been updated automatically by the computer itself. 

Please disable the automatic driver updates on Windows 10 and install the TP-Link official driver. You can refer to the below instruction: 

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10

After that,please take some time to test whether it works fine. 

Any updates, just let me know.

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2019-10-29 19:31:18 - last edited 2019-10-30 08:08:35

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for taking the time to react to my post.

There is an easier way to stop drivers from being updated:

Control Panel --> System & Security --> System --> Advanced Setting --> Hardware --> Settings for device-installation

This didn't directly solve the problem, since it was still able to find the other driver.

I had to go to Windows --> System32 --> DriverStore --> FileRepository --> netrwlanu.inf (non-TP-Link version) and remove it.

This resolved it as of now it seems.

Although for the average customer I would highly recommend avoiding changing Windows-settings, since avoiding driver-updates can lead to security issues. In my opinion the issue should be resolved by TP-Link by creating a new firmware-version. Even when you just recompile the old version and publish it again, it might recognize it as the correct driver.

Thanks anyways. :)

Recommended Solution
Options
12 Reply
2019-10-28 09:29:42 - last edited 2019-10-30 08:08:30

@Orange 

Thanks for your requesting. It seems that the driver has been updated automatically by the computer itself. 

Please disable the automatic driver updates on Windows 10 and install the TP-Link official driver. You can refer to the below instruction: 

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10

After that,please take some time to test whether it works fine. 

Any updates, just let me know.

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2019-10-29 19:31:18 - last edited 2019-10-30 08:08:35

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for taking the time to react to my post.

Control Panel --> System & Security --> System --> Advanced Setting --> Hardware --> Settings for device-installation

This didn't directly solve the problem, since it was still able to find the other driver.

I had to go to Windows --> System32 --> DriverStore --> FileRepository --> netrwlanu.inf (non-TP-Link version) and remove it.

This resolved it as of now it seems.

Although for the average customer I would highly recommend avoiding changing Windows-settings, since avoiding driver-updates can lead to security issues. In my opinion the issue should be resolved by TP-Link by creating a new firmware-version. Even when you just recompile the old version and publish it again, it might recognize it as the correct driver.

Thanks anyways. :)

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer T4U V3 - Driver Issues
2019-10-30 08:08:09

@Orange 

Thanks for your sharing, glad to hear that you figured it out finally. Congrats. 

The driver built-in the computer is newer while the stability is worse; we launch the official driver after we test the compatibility among different OS version and the stability; the new firmware is released based on the previous driver after fixed some problems and add new settings. 

Wish you have a nice day. 

Options
2020-02-24 08:07:26

@Kevin_Z This is still not fixed... can we have a decent driver please TPLINK ????

I get disconnections and I get rolled back to microsoft`s driver.

Options
2020-02-24 09:37:01

@L4nz 

What is the model number of your device? Please provide more details.

And what is the operating system of the computer? Have you done any troubleshooting methods and what about the corresponding results? 

Thanks a lot. 

Options
2020-02-24 13:17:51

@Kevin_Z 

1030.22.202.2018 this version of the driver gets in conflict with TPlinks, same number 1030.22.202.2018

Using windows 10 home 64bit all updated.

Device is the USB Archer T4U AC1300 JP/3.0

Options
2020-02-24 13:19:07
And yes, I get the driver installed for a while, then randomly my system gets back to the windows driver version. This one is really unstable and cripples my network.
Options
2020-02-27 04:35:17

@Orange 

This didn't directly solve the problem since it was still able to find the other driver.

Try This Method 

Thanks 

Creator Things

Options
2020-02-27 15:40:41

@Parimal2020 

For me, this directory does not contain inf files C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

I remove that file, re-install the Tp-link but still it will come back to this one.

Options
2020-03-06 09:33:23

@Orange 

Maybe try this.

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/06/03/stop-windows-from-installing-drivers-for-specific-devices/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 9402

Replies: 12

Related Articles