Router keeps changing the LAN IP address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router keeps changing the LAN IP address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re:Router keeps changing the LAN IP address
2021-05-13 12:18:24

@Kevin_Z this is not a good feature. It is buggy and breaks my network. Please remove from all modems OR AT LEAST GIVE US AN OPTION TO DISABLE IT!

Options
2021-05-14 01:21:13

@Trinocerous 

May I know the model number of your TP-Link router? Do you need to use a local DNS server in the network? Can you please describe your issue in more details, then we will check if there is an alternative?

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-06-15 00:16:06 - last edited 2021-06-15 00:17:05

Please remove this unprecedented feature from routers. Router should not change it's setting on its own.

Options
2021-07-20 18:02:45

@archer1212

Same problem. AX3000 or Archer AX50 but different LAN IP. The router won't keep the LAN IP. I want a 192.168.0.1 network, ninor devices (mostly WiFi connections use the router DHCP, the other have fixed IP and it keeps resetting to 192.168.1.1.

When I loose internet, the stupid router pop ups a warning "To avoid IP conflict with the front-end device, your router's IP addess has been changed to 192.168.1.1"

Is there a way to avoid this, it happens when I am transfering havy things on the net.

Thanks in advance.

Morgan

Options
2021-10-28 15:05:46

@Kevin_Z 

hello, I am having this problem with my Archer C6 router changing its own IP address from time to time, and I did set DNS servers to be external. I used Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1, going to Advanced > Network > Internet.

My ISP is a coaxial cable TV operator and I've set their cablemodem to be bridged mode, thus my public IP address got fixed and I think it's binded to my router's MAC address, which was already connected at the time of setting the ISP's router to bridged mode. However the tp-link router is set to Dynamic IP. Could this be the problem? Everytime I reset it, it takes a while but it finally gets the same WAN IP address, but I would like to leave it as dynamic because I am not sure whether or not my ISP will ever change my public IP and default gateway.

Now I've read your post and I've set Cloudfare DNS servers also in Advanced > Network > DHCP Server, with Default Gateway being the router's IP address as set on the LAN page. Do you think it will be fine now?

Options
Related Articles