Router keeps changing the LAN IP address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router keeps changing the LAN IP address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re:Router keeps changing the LAN IP address
2021-05-13 12:18:24

@Kevin_Z this is not a good feature. It is buggy and breaks my network. Please remove from all modems OR AT LEAST GIVE US AN OPTION TO DISABLE IT!

Options
2021-05-14 01:21:13

@Trinocerous 

May I know the model number of your TP-Link router? Do you need to use a local DNS server in the network? Can you please describe your issue in more details, then we will check if there is an alternative?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-06-15 00:16:06 - last edited 2021-06-15 00:17:05

Please remove this unprecedented feature from routers. Router should not change it's setting on its own.

Options
2021-07-20 18:02:45

@archer1212

Same problem. AX3000 or Archer AX50 but different LAN IP. The router won't keep the LAN IP. I want a 192.168.0.1 network, ninor devices (mostly WiFi connections use the router DHCP, the other have fixed IP and it keeps resetting to 192.168.1.1.

When I loose internet, the stupid router pop ups a warning "To avoid IP conflict with the front-end device, your router's IP addess has been changed to 192.168.1.1"

Is there a way to avoid this, it happens when I am transfering havy things on the net.

Thanks in advance.

Morgan

Options
2021-10-28 15:05:46

@Kevin_Z 

hello, I am having this problem with my Archer C6 router changing its own IP address from time to time, and I did set DNS servers to be external. I used Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1, going to Advanced > Network > Internet.

My ISP is a coaxial cable TV operator and I've set their cablemodem to be bridged mode, thus my public IP address got fixed and I think it's binded to my router's MAC address, which was already connected at the time of setting the ISP's router to bridged mode. However the tp-link router is set to Dynamic IP. Could this be the problem? Everytime I reset it, it takes a while but it finally gets the same WAN IP address, but I would like to leave it as dynamic because I am not sure whether or not my ISP will ever change my public IP and default gateway.

Now I've read your post and I've set Cloudfare DNS servers also in Advanced > Network > DHCP Server, with Default Gateway being the router's IP address as set on the LAN page. Do you think it will be fine now?

Options
Related Articles