P7 keeps disconnecting, M9 Signal drops 80% from one room to next room

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-30 11:24:53
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1. Build 20190704 Rel 46693

Can anyone help?

Connection is as such.

Modem --> M9 Deco Main A (Eth Backhaul)--> LS105G Switch --> P7 A(Ethernet Backhaul)

For Main A there are 4 more other M9s connected via wireless

For P7 A there are 3 M9 Deco connected via wireless, and because it supports powerline networking, another P7 B is connected via powerline networking. To P7 B, an AC2000 is connected for further powerline networking directly to a computer in another room.

All M9 runs firmware: 1.3.0 Build 20190821 Rel 54023

All P7 runs firmware: 1.3.1 Build 20190704 Rel 46693

P7 A with the ethernet backhaul keeps disconnecting and showing red flashing light after 6 - 8 hrs of being stable. I've swapped a new P7 and it is the same. 

Seiously, its the most frustrating piece of tech I've acquired in recent times.

Options
3 Reply
Re:P7 keeps disconnecting, M9 Signal drops 80% from one room to next room
2019-10-31 02:28:32

@otilumn 

So you have 10 Deco nodes in total, right? 8 Deco M9 plus and 2 Deco P7. 

As you mentioned that you swapped a new P7 but still the same thing, I would assume that it has something to do with the location/network environment or the front-end device; It is unlikely that the two P7 have the same issue. Therefore, we can do some troubleshooting.

What is the led status of the Deco P7's power adapter when it lost connection and works properly. 

When P7 stops working, any error message shows up on the Deco APP? Are you still connected to the Deco P7 but no internet or you disconnected from it totally? 

At that time, do Deco m9 plus connect to the Deco P7 A wirelessly work properly? 

In the meantime, please connect your computer to the LS105G switch directly with the same cable and same port which connects the P7  A to the switch and click here to verify the IP and gateway obtained. 

Besides, try to put a Deco M9 plus there and take some time to test its performance. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-10-31 11:24:07

@Kevin_Z 

1. When the P7 stops working, it is blinking red on the status LED and the chargeport is orange. I am still connected to other M9s but the APP says P7 is disconnected from other decos. I cannot reboot the P7 over the app. It needs a reset.

2. At the time of disconnect, main M9 works ok

3. Gateway for LS105G is 192.168.68.XXX same gateway as the M9 at 192.168.68.1. All my host address starts from 100

Options
2019-11-01 06:33:27

@otilumn 

Thanks for your explanation. 

Have you ever tried to change another socket to plug this Deco P7 or change another ethernet port on the switch to connect the main Deco P7? 

Try to swap their locations between the 2 P7 units to verify whether it is the specific Deco itself or the network environment. 

Or you can exchange the location between Deco P7 A and a slave Deco M9 plus. 

When the Deco P7 lost connection, please connect to it and login to the Deco app to get the IP address of it. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 823

Replies: 3