Static pop noise with JBL Link 20 Speaker logged in With a Deco M9.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-01 23:24:09
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20190821 Rel. 54023

When I use the speaker on the Deco M9plus ,I get an irritating static pop noise trough my music. When I log in on my old router Netgear R7000 ,the sound is perfect.

Could this be a fault setting of my router of some kind? The problem is for sure not in the speaker ,because after sending it two times to a repair shop from JBL I got a new one from them. And the new one gave the same problem. Does anyone recognize this problem , or have some idea's of trying some settings.

Options
47 Reply
Re:Static pop noise with JBL Link 20 Speaker logged in With a Deco M9.
2019-11-03 22:37:55

@MarcMommers 

On JBL forums there are quite some discussions on this popping sound. In my experience the popping sound appears when there is some problem with the signs strength be it over Bluetooth or Wifi. So check that Bluetooth is switched on the speaker and check the signal quality at the JBL location. 

Options
2019-11-04 02:04:19

@MarcMommers 

First, ensure that the JBL speaker gets a good signal strength from the Deco M9 plus. Try to move it closer to the Deco M9 plus. 

Besides, try to disable fast roaming and setup QoS as standard and clear all the high priority rules. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
2019-12-20 13:38:43

@Kevin_Z having the same problem here jbl link 10 crackling sounds, more severe when setup in group play, together with my Harman Kardon citation 300, Google Nest hub and Google mini. Only the jbl has this problem.

Playing as Stan alone speaker has less crackling sounds.

Changing my group to only the citation nest hub and mini, no disturbance what so ever. Jbl and nest hub are on the same desk in the same room.

Options
2019-12-20 13:57:19

@Kevin_Z further more I tested using different music apps as Spotify and pulsar+ chromecasting my group of speakers. On Spotify only the jbl has the crackling interference, on pulsar+ however jbl and nest hub have the same problem.

The problem is in casting to multiple cast devices when setup in a group. Deco M9 has a problem with that.

Something that should be easily fixed for a company like tp link.

Expecting a solution on short term!

Note. To clarify your suggestion of setting up the speaker in a shorter range to the deco nodes, I put my jbl link 10 in a range of about a cm or 2 right next to my deco node, crackling persisted!

Options
2019-12-21 14:40:25
I have the same problem with JBL link 20 and Deco M9. Tried all kinds of QOS/mesh settings to no avail. The only thing that cleared up the issue was removing the speaker from the cast group that also includes home mini and nest display. I don't use the group much so this is acceptable for now. JBL system firmware 1525. cast firmware 1.36.152.524. TP-Link, JBL and Google would have to get together to sort this one out. Chances are slim IMHO.
Options
2019-12-21 15:14:36

@axs hi, tried some more settings, it's not the speaker(s) played Spotify thru my surround receiver and connected speaker set which in turn is connected by a media player(box) with Spotify on it. Now I can play Spotify even on the speaker set connected to the surround receiver it shows as tvbox. But even here the crackling sound takes place.

Playing for a couple of minutes and the crackling sounds disappear.

So the problem is in the way the data is being streamed from the nodes to the speakers. As I understand it's a multi way data stream setup in a triangle and somewhere in those data streams the problem sits.

Tried several setups qos on/off, telephone which is streaming the data set as priority etc etc. It's clear to me the problem can only be in the data streams.

Options
2020-01-02 09:05:54

@MarcMommers 

Have the same issue as all above - popping and other disturbing noises when connected to M9 system BUT when changeing to connect to TV router/AP which is a Netgear the popping stopped, even when having the two JBL Link 20 grouped.

Sooo it must be a Tp-link problem!

I tried, as others, many different settings before tried this, connecting to Netgear instead, without any luck

Options
2020-01-16 20:22:05

I have the exact same problem with multiple JBL Link 300 and one JBL Link 20 speaker using a TP-Link Archer C1200 v2.0 on the latest firmware...

TP-Link needs to fix this...

Options
2020-01-21 10:04:27

Hi @Henk1 and all,

We found that there are some issues reported by the end-users with JBL speaker, even without Deco unit.

Could you please try to disconnect the speaker from the Deco wifi network and reconnect it to another wireless network, like the mobile hotspot to do a comparison analysis? 

And you can disable the fast roaming on the Deco app and set up application QoS as standard and clear all the high priority rules to give it a go.

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-21 10:52:46

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, tried all of the things u advised, the crackling persists.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 15939

Replies: 47