VR600V Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VR600V Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VR600V Issues
VR600V Issues
2019-11-02 03:48:31
Model: Archer VR600v  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 0.9.1 v0078.0 Build 170814 Rel.66346n

Hello,

There are several major problems with this unit:

1. VOIP - Call log. When you attempt to peruse it, it always refreshed back to the first page. I've never been able to see more than 3 pages of calls.

2. VOIP - Call log. Call times change constantly! Yes, a call log with dynamic times. This existed in the TD-VG3631. I made them aware of the issue. I guess it never got fixed.

3. No QOS (Quality of Service). What a backward step. At the very least it should be an option for VOIP. I cannot understand what rationale went into thinking not have QOS was a good idea?

4. Daylight savings. Only works for regions that have daylight savings spanning the one year, which of course rules out Australia. Dumb!

5. VOIP - Push service for VOIP missed calls only seems to work if there's an MX record. This means you cannot use a local (LAN) mailer to handle it. Instead the message has to go out into the Internet, then be downloaded by a mail client locally. Again, dumb.

6. Wireless - statistics screen. All blank, always.

7. Wireless - settings. It always displays your password. Always! Seriously.

So, hopefully, someone from TP-Link engineering actually reads this and makes some fixes; it badly needs them.

Regards,
Mark

Options
5 Reply
Re:VR600V Issues
2020-01-19 10:22:57

@MarkP1 

I have some of the same gripes:

same model and firmware version as you

1. I agree  - the call log is impossible - the page refreshes back to page 1 before you can read anything

2. All my dates are currently in the future. No use at all when you're trying to find a call on a particular date

7. eek - so it does! very dodgy programming

Have you contacted Tp_link at all re issues 1 and 2?

The product is not fit for purpose with those two issues as far as I'm concerned

Options
2020-01-19 10:51:16

@njwtpl 

njwtpl wrote

@MarkP1 

I have some of the same gripes:

same model and firmware version as you

1. I agree  - the call log is impossible - the page refreshes back to page 1 before you can read anything

2. All my dates are currently in the future. No use at all when you're trying to find a call on a particular date

7. eek - so it does! very dodgy programming

Have you contacted Tp_link at all re issues 1 and 2?

The product is not fit for purpose with those two issues as far as I'm concerned

I'm not sure how to contact them. Years ago, when I had the TD-VG3631, I contacted them about the dynamic time on the call log and they just gave me this bogus answer and did nothing.

I think their engineering team is inept. They take Open source software and, bugs and all, keep using it. I looked in their GPL code for the VOIP and it's the same exact code as used in the VG3631. The same! The same bugs (since fixed by the voip developers [not tp-link of course]) and not updated by the lazy TP-link developers.

So, in answer to your question:

Have I contacted TP_LINK? Nope. I don't know how, and I thought maybe they would look on here. Vain hope, it seems. When I previously have, and offered my assistance, they blew me off and pretended it couldn't be fixed.

And in answer to your comment:

It sure isn't fit for purpose. Any heavy usage means your VOIP drops out. No QoS. Serious bugs that have been around since this device was released and STILL NOT FIXED.

My recommendation will be to all,

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS RUBBISH and if you do,

RETURN IT!

Options
2020-05-21 18:04:59
Unfortunately I recently bought this router on the recommendation of someone who appeared knowledgeable and after reading the reviews of many (who apparently weren't). Had I known it contained all these bugs (and more) along with missing basic features, I would have stayed clear. Worse still to find it's been this way since its release with no sign of TP-Link correcting it - which is extraordinary considering the price of the unit.
Options
2020-05-24 05:17:09

@ted70 

Sorry to hear that. Can you return it?

For a laugh I contacted their support and after much denial, they apparently forwarded it on to a developer with a promise in the "next few days we will get back to you". That was months ago.

I would not risk exposing this device to the outside world. I would hesitate to think of all the other bugs we can't see especially as TP-Link obviously have no intention to fix the bugs they've been shown.

For peace of mind, return it or place it in the garbage. I did the latter.

Options
2020-05-24 14:13:12

MarkP1 wrote

@ted70 

Sorry to hear that. Can you return it?

For a laugh I contacted their support and after much denial, they apparently forwarded it on to a developer with a promise in the "next few days we will get back to you". That was months ago.

Purchased online through a smallish retailer so I figure too much hassle to return.

Disappointing to hear TP-Link's failure to follow through after the trouble you went to.

TP-Link's lack of support for products it currently sells is something I'll be keeping

in mind next time I do a purchase or recommendation.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 879

Replies: 5

Related Articles