Wpa-8630 kit no access to web conf after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-03 18:09:28 - last edited 2019-11-08 05:45:17

Hi. After a firmware upgrade (last from 2019) the 8630 can not be accessed by web and no wifi ir working.

the lan is in passthru and works fine.

the app utility doen't find any device. And th windows utility find it. But to upgrade firmware again asks for w files nvm and pib instead of bin that i have.

any sugestion on how to fix it.

thanks in advance,

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Wpa-8630 kit no access to web conf after firmware update-Solution
2019-11-08 05:44:33 - last edited 2019-11-08 05:45:17

@PatoMan 

If the wifi led does not come on after you tried reboot/reset and wifi button, there may have something wrong. 

You can contact the retailer or the local tech support to verify whether a replacement is qualified. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Wpa-8630 kit no access to web conf after firmware update
2019-11-04 08:05:46

@PatoMan 

What is the led status of the TL-WPA8630KIT? You can hold the wifi button for 5s to turn on the wifi function if wifi led is off. 

Do you mean the tpPLC utility on the computer can detect the adapter but the tpPLC app on smart phone cannot? 

If so, please ensure that they are in the same subnet. You can connect your smart phone to its wifi to give it a go. 

Besides, unlike extender unit uses bin file to upgrade the firmware, the firmware of Ethernet powerline adapter is made up of two parts: PIB and NVM. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-11-04 10:19:26

@Kevin_Z  thanks for you answer,

the extender has only the 2 left leds are green. 

the plc ios app doesn't find any device (the phone is conected to the primary wifi)

a pc conected to the 8630 by rj45 can reach internet and on these device the plc pc utility can see and calculate the connection speed between the plc kit.

I already try push all the buttons. I try the reset secuence. And 30-30-30 reset. Nothing happens.

I can not access the extender 8630 web interface, the with the previous configured ip, the default ip, I serched the network for device with no success.

this is a bad upgrade. But how can I reverse it?

Options
2019-11-05 00:57:05

@PatoMan 

Hello, you mentioned that there are 2 leds are green on the extender, but the pc is connected to the 8630 by wired cable, so the 2 leds should be power led and ethernet led. Which is to say, the wifi led and the powerline led are off; 

Cause you see with windows utility can find the adapters, you can use the windows utility to reset them; 

Or you can power cycle the adapters and then hold the reset button for 15s; 

After that, please verfiy whether the TL-WPA8630KIT works properly. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-11-07 13:01:18

@Kevin_Z  hi I already have done all of this. I have Doit again with no success.

Still stuck with no wifi and no web admin.

thanks.

Options
Re:Wpa-8630 kit no access to web conf after firmware update-Solution
2019-11-08 05:44:33 - last edited 2019-11-08 05:45:17

@PatoMan 

If the wifi led does not come on after you tried reboot/reset and wifi button, there may have something wrong. 

You can contact the retailer or the local tech support to verify whether a replacement is qualified. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1225

Replies: 5