Setting up IP Phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Setting up IP Phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Setting up IP Phone
Setting up IP Phone
2019-11-04 22:57:39 - last edited 2019-11-05 03:06:53

Hi

I've plugged the IP phone into one of the Ethernet ports on the Archer C7 AC1750 router but the phone does not switch on.

Do I need to enable the port on the router? If so how?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Setting up IP Phone
2019-11-05 09:35:09

@M4rt1n 

What is the model number of the IP phone?

Has it ever obtained valid IP address and gateway from the Archer C7 now? 

As far as I know, once the IP phone gets IP and gateway from the router, it will work automatically; while cause it does not work, you can give it a call to the tech support of IP phone to verify whethere any other settings should be done to make it take effect. 

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-11-05 15:04:55

It's a Fanvil Model: X3SP

No it hasn't

@Kevin_Z 

Options
2019-11-06 03:30:49

@M4rt1n 

Thanks for your reply. I checked some information online and found that there is no settings need to be done on the router once it was connected to it by ethernet cable. 

After it obtains valid IP address from the router, you need login to the web UI of the IP phone to configure it with your account. 

If the IP phone failed to get the IP address, you can assign a static IP for it and then access the web UI to set it up.

Besides, you can call the tech support of IP phone to get some help. 

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-11-06 09:15:21

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks

Having investigated this further, these IP phones require a PoE connection. I have arranged for them to be patched into a PoE port.

I've also asked for a power supply to test this as an alternative so I can connect them to a PC.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 769

Replies: 4

Related Articles