Archer C7 and IPTV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 and IPTV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C7 and IPTV
Archer C7 and IPTV
2019-11-05 01:26:56
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I am new to this and do not know too much about Routers. 
I plugged in our Archer C7 V2 and we all logged onto the 2.4 wifi
When I opened the IPTV connected to Ethernet it disconnected all our Wifi connections and would not let us use 2.4. 

We had to all log onto the 5G to get wifi. 

Now I have the IPTV off and I can log onto the 2.4 again? 

Help 

Options
7 Reply
Re:Archer C7 and IPTV
2019-11-05 02:49:49

@MitchB 

Hello, do you mean that the 2.4GHz stops working as long as you turn on the IPTV on the web UI of the Archer C7? 

Can you detect the 2.4GHz wireless network name at that time? And can you reconnect to it? If not, any error message? 

With IPTV turned off, can you access the 2.4GHz? 

Besides, how do you connect the IPTV to the Archer C7? 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-11-05 03:48:59

@Kevin_Z 

I plugged in the Archer and set it up. IPTV is connected to Ethernet port. We had 3 phones on the wifi 2.4 connection and they all lost internet connection when IPTV was on. We had to connect to 5G till IPTV was off. It may be ok now as I have IPTV on and using laptop pn 2.4? 

Maybe it was just a 1time thing and reset now? 

Options
2019-11-06 09:04:38

@MitchB 

Please show us a screenshot of the IPTV settings page. 

With IPTV enabled, do they still connect to the 2.4GHz but no internet access or they disconnect from the wifi totally? 

Are they able to reconnect to the 2.4GHz? 

In the meantime, does 5GHz work properly? 

Please ensure that the firmware is up to date and try to customize the wireless settings of 2.4GHz. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-11-06 15:36:45

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin, so it seems it may not be the IPTV? 
The connection cuts off every so often and I have to rebout the Router?

When I do trouble shooting in network settings it says there is a router issue and to restart it? 

Options
2019-11-06 15:53:08
Options
2019-11-07 10:01:39

@MitchB 

Sorry, I'm a little confused. You mentioned that with IPTV connected to the LAN port, all the wireless devices connected to 2.4GHz stop working, and you need connect to the 5GHz to get interne earliert; while you said that all the devices stops working no matter with IPTV enabled or disabled. 

Could you please re-describe the current issue and its specific symptom?

What is the led status of the Archer C7 when you lost connection?

Can you get internet from C7 and modem by wired cable at that time? 

You can show us a screenshot of the status page of C7 when you lost connection. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-11-12 16:00:55

@Kevin_Z 

Sorry Kevin, I have been away. 

The Router loses connection ever so often and I have to reboot it. I though the IPTV was the cause but it is not.

It just happened again and I rebooted the Router by reset 2 times. It could not connect to 2.4 and connected me to 5G.

Is there somehow I can check why it loses connectivity ever couple of days and needs to be reset?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1481

Replies: 7

Related Articles