TL-WA801ND v3 getting a incorrect password error with apple devices...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-05 07:44:34 - last edited 2020-01-11 12:06:11
Model: TL-WA801ND  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: TL-WA801ND(EU)_V3_160223

Hello All.

I have Plusnet fibre with a Plusnet Hub one router. To serve the different parts of my house I use 3 x TL-WA801ND as access points that are physically wired to the main Plusnet router. I have 2 x V5 and 1 x v3. The issue I have is my V3 AP will sometimes just not let you login - giving incorrect password. Rebooting the AP fixes this. I am only using apple devices, iphone and macbook. Its on the latest version of the firmware. I have set the 3 TL-WA801NDs to use seperate channels. Could there be any contention with the 3 AP's?

Thanks for any advice

Brian

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-WA801ND v3 getting a incorrect password error with apple devices...-Solution
2019-12-18 07:31:30 - last edited 2020-01-11 12:06:11

@bpascua 

Thanks for your reply. You can try to change the wireless settings of the 801ND V3 unit. 

And please ensure that the firmware is up to date. After that, please verify whether it is still the same. 

If it cannot be fixed, you can contact the retailer or local tech support to verify whether a replacement is qualified. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support

May it help. 

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:TL-WA801ND v3 getting a incorrect password error with apple devices...
2019-11-06 06:14:25

@bpascua 

Do you mean the wireless password for the V3 AP is incorrect or the password to login to the web interface? 

How do you access the web UI? 

With computer or smart phone connected to the V3 AP's wifi, open a web browser and use its IP address to login, the default password is admin.

If it does not work, you can use the new password if you changed it before or change another browser or device to give it a go.

If the wifi password shows incorrect, you can forget the network and reconnect to the TP-Link wifi to give it  a go. 

Besides, please ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-11-06 06:49:31

Hello,

the issuw is joining re network NOT logging into the UI.

thanks

Options
2019-11-07 05:52:48

@bpascua 

I mentioned the 2 conditions. For the "incorrect" password, have you ever tried to forget the profile and reconnect to it?

Besides, please ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

And you can update the OS version of your Apple devices. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-11-07 09:14:17

When I cant connect to the wifi i have tried a couple of things. Firstly forgetting the network and rediscovering. Also resetting all the network settings on the iphone. After I dod this i tried with the wifes iphone and it wouldnt connect either. If I restart the router then its all fine. So I am asssuming this is either a router or environmental issue.

Options
2019-11-08 05:51:28

@bpascua 

You can try to swap the locations among the three access points. 

And you can reserve an IP for the 801ND V3 on the web UI of the main router or disable the DHCP server and assign it a static IP address. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-12-16 07:48:30

@nikhlesh-dubey 

Hello,

Correct. This is about connecting to the WIFI network with either my iphone or my macbook. The router seems to get into this state where you can no longer join the network, the only solution I have at that point is to power cycle it.

Options
Re:TL-WA801ND v3 getting a incorrect password error with apple devices...-Solution
2019-12-18 07:31:30 - last edited 2020-01-11 12:06:11

@bpascua 

Thanks for your reply. You can try to change the wireless settings of the 801ND V3 unit. 

And please ensure that the firmware is up to date. After that, please verify whether it is still the same. 

If it cannot be fixed, you can contact the retailer or local tech support to verify whether a replacement is qualified. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support

May it help. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1434

Replies: 7

Related Articles