Archer T4E 5G network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer T4E 5G network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer T4E 5G network
Archer T4E 5G network
2019-11-07 13:21:03
Model: Archer T4E  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello.

This adapter loses 5g connection randomly and cannot recconct to it, though it sees the network. Meanwhile all other devices are working just fine. Ive tryed to reboot pc and reinstall drivers (multiple times), but it doesnt help. Only if i reboot router (sometimes 2 or 3 times) its starting to connect to it. Funny thing is that it can work for 3 days straight and sometimes for 30 mins till it drops again (and i have to restart my router again), while all other devices still working just fine not a single drop. Ive searched the internet and it seems that im not the only one with this problem.

Is there any solution to this problem jet? Maybe other drivers or some settings?

Options
7 Reply
Re:Archer T4E 5G network
2019-11-08 06:33:27

@fnam 

What about the stability of 2.4GHz wireless connection?

Try to change another PCI-e slot to plug it and move it closer to the main router.

Besides, you can try to modify the wireless settings of 5GHz on the main router, like wireless channel and channel width. 

What is more, what is the operating system of your computer? Do you have other computer which can be used to do a comparison analysis?

Good day. 

Options
2019-11-08 11:57:15 - last edited 2019-11-08 12:20:13

@Kevin_Z 

When 5g network could not be connected, 2.4 works just fine. Ive not tested the stability of it cause whats the point of buying this adapter then?

I have matx motherboard so no others slots are available. its not the distance problem, connection is always varied between 390 to 520 mbps.

what channel do you suggest? its currently set to auto, 80 mhz.

im using windows 7 x64. i dont have other computer, anyways its not pcs fault.

card cannot connect again to 5g network after it drops connection randomly (2 hours to 3 days was the record). its stuck on "identifying", then connects to this "unidentified network" and few seconds later connection is dropped again (no internet while it is connected to this "unidentified network"), meanwhile it sees this networks ssid and all other devices are working fine (ive manually disconnected them and connected again with no problem just for test). only this card cannot identify itself or semething like this.

only router restart helps.

p.s. Tried static ip configuration. worked fine for whole day, 30 mins after i turned on the pc this morning it dropped

p.p.s

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RTG1GKQTE6815/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B07NFMSGGR

Options
2019-11-11 17:04:25

OK so i found whats the problem is. When router changes wireless channel, this wifi card cannot connect to router on this newly changed channel.

It worked without any problem for three days on channel 100. Then under some load wifi dropped and i couldnt reconnect again. Ive checked the channel from mobile phone and it was 36. i coudnt recconect to it from my pc with this card. then changed channel manually to 100 from mobile phone and .... it connected to router with no problem.

so this is definitely drivers problem. can this be reported somewhere?

Options
2019-11-12 07:30:01

@fnam 

Thanks for your reply. 

It seems that the performance of the network adapter is affected by the wireless channel of the main router. 

As a workaround, you can fix the channel to 100; 

Besides, you can install the driver below to give it a go.

http://support.tp-link.com/f/f223873f07/ 

May it help. 

Options
2019-11-12 11:48:43

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for the drivers ill give it a try later if anything will happen.

Ive tested all available channels to find best one. Some channels are working some are "unidentified network". Now channel 100 is not working (mobile phone app shows that theres only 3 5G APs nearby and they are on channel 36). Ive locked it to channel 112 instead (works well for now).

Options
2019-11-13 03:40:32

@fnam 

I see, so the channel varies with time goes by.

You can take some time to test the performance after you installed the driver. 

Good day. 

Options
2021-04-30 11:16:26

@fnam 

Try this method. The wifi is not disconnecting.

Use only one frequency antenna. so that the disconnection will not happen.

keep only in IEEE 802.11A/N/AC.

File:
Capture.PNGDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6284

Replies: 7

Related Articles