AC1750 RE450 Extender On/Off issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-07 14:28:53
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have a strange issue with my Extender.

My router is downstairs and it gives a good signal to the upstairs hallway, but the signal in the bedrooms is too low. I put the extender in the upstairs hallway, it receives good signal from the router and it gives 3 blue lights indicating that it is in good range and the 2.4 and 5Ghz wifi is connecting.

I can connect all my devices and everything works on either 2.4 or 5 networks.

Everything works fine for a while, but after some time one of my devices; ipad, iphone, laptop will get no internet connection. There is a strong signal and it's connected, but I get a no internet message. I can reboot the device but it still will not work. I can usually connect to the other Ghz band and it will work for a while. During this time my other devices usually still work uninterrupted, but sometimes it hit more than 1 device at the same time. 

I can fix this 100% of the time by rebooting the wifi extender.

IP address conflicts? Maybe because I have the same SSID coming from the router and the extender it gets confused? Any ideas?

Options
2 Reply
Re:AC1750 RE450 Extender On/Off issues
2019-11-08 03:33:27

@Boba2 

Please give me the below details so that we can do more troubleshooting.

a. What's the light status of the RE450 and main router when the extender stops working?

b. Try to give it a different network name from the main router so that we can verify the root cause.

c. Please connect your computer to the RE450 directly when the connections drop out. And please click here to check the IP address, default gateway and DNS server as the below instruction.
Note: Please show me the screenshot of the status-details page.

d. At that time, you can unplug the RE450, and connect your smart phone to the main router by wireless to verify whether it works well.

e. Please ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

Thanks in advance, and have a good day.

Options
Re:AC1750 RE450 Extender On/Off issues
2020-07-15 18:15:25

@Boba2 The same happened to mine until I turned off the DHCP settings (Network tab on the web interface). Also, I gave it a fixed IP address, out of the router's DHCP range and fixed the frequencies of both networks. Now it seldom freezes and I think it is more related to the distance from it to the router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2709

Replies: 2

Related Articles