TL-WN727N won't connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WN727N won't connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-WN727N won't connect
TL-WN727N won't connect
2019-11-08 05:44:29
Model: TL-WN727N  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I found a serious problem with my USB TL-WN727N recently.

So, it is all started when I moved to my new apartment. The apartment provides a free wifi connection with close proximity to my room, so the distance should not be a problem. When my PC fired up, I can't find wifi strength signal which usually appears. I tried to use the TP-Link utility tool to connect via the app, I fill the right password but the app always refuses while saying "the password might incorrect". I can assure that the password is correct since my phone and laptop can connect to the wifi smoothly.

Also, the LED on the device blinks every second since I turned on the PC. I have tried some other alternative including reinstalling the driver, restarting PC, and try on a different port. But none of them solve my problem.

I hope anyone could help me here.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WN727N won't connect
2019-11-12 07:35:01

@ChristianX 

What is the operating system of your computer? 

Have you ever tried to forget the network and reconnect to the free wifi? Below is the instruction ( here takes Windows 10 as example)

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/918/

Are you able to modify the wireless settings of the main router, like wireless channel and channel width? 

If so you can change both to give it a go, for 2.4GHz, use channel 1, 6 or 11, channel width 20Mhz, for 5GHz, use channel 36, 40 or 44, and channel width 40MHz.

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 958

Replies: 1

Related Articles