USB sharing issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

USB sharing issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
USB sharing issue
USB sharing issue
2019-11-09 21:47:15
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.2

Hi,

I just can't manage with setting HDD USB sharing.

I connected to the router 320 GB HDD with some files and folders already written.

After configuration I can see TP Share in file explorer, but when I open it I don't see my folders. I only see something like predefine folders "Browse Folders", "Music", "Pictures" and "Video".

After acces to those "predefine" folders i can see my files randomly assined to them. I can read it but I can't delete or copy anything to shared drive.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Screenshots with my setting beneath:

Options
2 Reply
Re:USB sharing issue
2019-11-11 06:24:12

@yossarian_ 

With the hard drive plugged into the computer directly, can it work well as expected? 

Is it the first time you use the hard drive with the Archer C1200? Or it was working well earlier? 

What is the model number of the hard drive? And is external power supply needed? 

What is the partrition format and is it encrypted?

Pleas enable write access under folder sharing-modify page. And you can format the hard drive or change another one to do a comparison analysis. 

Besides,  NTFS and FAT32 format types are recommended.

Look forward to your reply.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:USB sharing issue
2019-11-11 16:48:37

@Kevin_Z 

The hard disk is 2.5" 320GB Toshiba without external power supply, NTFS partition without encryption.
The hard disk was previously connected to TP Link 1043ND with Gargoyle software and worked correctly. I mean, for all PCs on the network it was visible like a hard disk with files and folders that could be copied, moved, deleted, etc. Now it is connected to the C1200 for the first time and I feel lost because I can't see it in the explorer files under the "network". I also can't map it, I can only see TP Share, but it looks like it only works like a madia server and I can't delete or copy anything, and the files are randomly assigned to folders without being able to move them.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1347

Replies: 2

Related Articles