Will TP-Link Deco support HomeKit for Routers in the future?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-10 10:09:52

Apple announced "HomeKit for Routers" a few month ago. This is a feature ton enhance the security of your HomeKit enabled devices on network leve. Is TP-Link activly working to add support for this?

Here some background information about HomeKit for Routers:

Information:

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3446197/why-we-need-apples-homekit-enabled-routers.html

How it looks in Home App (functions):

https://twitter.com/KhaosT/status/1135828579931967488?s=20

Options
6 Reply
Re:Will TP-Link Deco support HomeKit for Routers in the future?
2019-11-11 02:01:14

@s_rosenthaler 

Hello, as far as I know, there is no plan to add homekit enabled feature on Deco yet, while the marketing and technology varies due to the actual demands. You can keep an eye on official website.

Meanwhile, you do not have to worry about the security, the firewall of the Deco is enabled by default and you can enable the antivirus feature to protect the local network.

Best regards. 

Options
2019-11-12 09:47:14

@Kevin_Z HomeKit for Routers is an additional layer to seperate HomeKit devices like cameras from the main network and monitoring such devices in an easy way. As you plan to add HomeKit support for your cameras it would make sense to integrate the HomeKit for Routers feature in your Router lineup. Can you pass this to the development department?

Options
2020-04-30 07:11:02

@s_rosenthaler I would also greatly value this feature. 

Options
2020-05-24 13:21:15

@Kevin_Z I would agree with support for this feature.  Please develop HomeKit and M9 integration.

Options
2020-12-15 10:09:13

@Kevin_Z Yes, please, Homekit for router is a very interesting feature to add to the Deco product line!

Thanks!

Options
2021-06-20 20:25:45

@s_rosenthaler 

Great idea. I support it big time. Please Add TP-link Deco to Apple HomeKit. Thank you!

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 8710

Replies: 6

Related Articles